- Cebu, Philippines
- 50,000.00 - 80,000.00 PHP / month
- Full time
We're looking for a talented Back End Engineer (PHP) to lead in our agile development team, with our customers based in Australia, yet our team based in the Philipines. It will be your responsibility, to write usable, scalable and object oriented backend APIs to support our web and mobile applications. As the PHP Team lead of world-class mobile apps connected to a powerful web app with the goal to match and in time outclass Facebook’s -“Parse” and IBM’s - “XTIFY” and all others in the market.
You will rely on your significant experience in the development and deployment of large-scale PHP-based web applications to drive technical innovation of the company’s products and services. The ideal candidate is an individual who thrives on new challenges, possesses a strong web backend development background, and has the ability to work in a start-up environment.
Please go thru our website and videos and make sure you understand our product before you read any further to make sure you are the best suit for this senior position.
- Believe in yourself.
- Understand the word “RESPONSIBILITY”.
- Understand completely the product and our teams global vision.
- Understand you only get out what you put in.
- Lead and manage a large and expanding backend global product, promoting the creation of elegant, practical solutions to meet the business goal.
- Analyze product requirements and specifications to create and implement backend designs and features
- Provide accurate effort-estimates for deliverables.
- Be committed to the deadlines through follow up of tasks
- Research and actively learn about new technologies and introduce them into the infrastructure.
- Resolve technical issues
- Work closely with the Senior Architect to assist in the analysis, evaluation and recommendation of new features and technology appropriate to the product
- Participate in leadership meetings and work with other stakeholders within the business to ensure delivery
- Responsible for managing and improving release process and automation of releases, testing and monitoring
- Motivate and grow team
- Design, develop, and support high-traffic, high-availability web services and applications
- Create and enhance application frameworks and modularity
- Drive, create, and enhance the development processes used by the team
- Provide technical mentorship to the other software engineers
- Minimum 4 year experience in software development with solid hands-on experience in web programming
- Very good knowledge of PHP5.4
- Experience in working with Yii and Phalcon and frameworks
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming patterns, MVC, data structure and algorithm -we believe in the right tools for the job, but all must have solid OO design as the foundation
- Knowledge of RESTFul API
- Expert knowledge of OAuth2
- Expert knowledge of AWS
- Expert knowledge of MySQL and MongoDB
- Proficiency in HTML5 and CSS3
- Knowledge of version control systems, preferably GIT
- Comfortable with using Linux operating systems, being able to configure webserver (apache/linux) on LINUX and basics of programming in BASH
- Knowledge on high-availability, high-scalability web applications
- Other Technologies: Linux, Apache/Nginx, Web Services, TCP/IP, SVN…
- Solid knowledge of Github
- Knowledge of popular APIs such as Facebook, Twitter, Google Maps, etc.
- Agile development process experience; including unit testing, story creation, continuous integration, and close collaboration with product management and quality assurance
- Exposure to architectural patterns of large, high-scale web applications
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills in English
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science
- Problem solving skill.
- Working under pressure.
- Possibility to start work soon.
Other desirable personal qualities and skills:
- Be cool, yet professional
- Happy, positive, can-do attitude
- Demonstrated attitude and aptitude for an energetic startup environment
- Overseas education and/or working experience is a BIG plus
Perks and Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Leave
- Stock Options
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.
AppCamel.com is a small agile team creating Mobile Apps for companies in Australia. We have built a world class high speed mobile development system along with a CMS platform for our customers to use - PushTowers.com.
Our focus is helping any company to quickly and easily turn their Mobile Sites into Mobile Apps for both Apple itunes and Android play stores.
Next we help companies connect with their customers using the Mobile Channel including Push notification technology and other cutting edge mobile technology. Our platform collects valuable shared data about all mobile app users, thus helping companies improving their overall interaction with their customers. Connecting with the right customer, at the right time, in the right location.
If you would like to make a global impact in with mobile technology, we have the product.