Android Technical Lead
- Quezon City, PhilippinesGround Floor ELJ Building, ABS-CBN Compound, Mother Ignacia Avenue, 1100 Metro Manila, Quezon City, Metro Manila, PhilippinesQuezon CityMetro ManilaPhilippines
- Full time
Android Technical Lead is a highly technical position where the candidate would support the architecture and design of Android Technologies. Leads the innovation, evaluation and direct integration of different Android solutions.
- Responsible for development of Proof of Concept for new product ideas.
- Evaluate and implement Android solutions for various platforms such as mobile, sticks, STB, TVOS.
- Performs end-to-end Systems Integration and Functional Validation of various components.
- Develops technical requirements and test cases for various components.
- Conducts system testing and verification, deployment.
- Handles operations and monitoring of the solution.
- Ensures close collaboration with all internal and external groups to ensure proper implementation of different Android solutions.
- Assist in documentation of architecture/design, deployment, operations and troubleshooting.
- Assist in functional validation of various components of the system that are either internally developed or licensed solutions from external vendors.
- Assist in troubleshooting of any production issues.
- Handles multiple project priorities efficiently. Perform duties in a fast-paced environment, as well as learn new skills quickly.
- Keep abreast of standards and regulatory requirements as applicable to Android solutions.
- Assist in ensuring metrics are in place for proper monitoring and strategy.
- Qualified candidates are required to have completed a bachelor’s degree. Ideally possessing a Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Business or another substantially similar field AND 5 years’ work experience performing a substantially similar role.
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years of experience developing Android native apps
- 2+ years of experience with Kotlin
- 2+ years of experience working in a DevOps environment.
- Strong experience with Data Structures and Multi-Threading. Understanding of architectural patterns such as MVP and MVVM
- Understanding of application design patterns – Gang of Four patterns
- Created an application that is available on google play store (bonus but not a must)
- Proficiency with Linux, Mac OS X, GNU tools, and scripting languages is a bonus Understanding of build systems such as gradle, Jenkins. (bonus)
- Experience with NodeJS, GraphQL, SOA, JSON, XML, and RESTful web service framework
- Experience with SQLite, CDN, Redis and Algolia.
- Experience with HTML and CSS
- Ability to design and develop software with focus on maintainability, re-use, performance and scalability
- Work as part of a highly collaborative Agile team to push innovation forward.
- Day-to-day work will include daily stand-ups with your awesome team, working collaboratively in your pod area with Product Management, Testers, UX and of course, fellow developers.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a flexible, fast paced and changing environment.
- Demonstrated strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills in a large team or departmental setting.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, experience with large-scale systems and experience writing code.
- Innate ability to provide “extraordinary service” to end clients - as client focus is critical to your success and to the program's overall success.
- Information Technology
- Computer Science
- Management Information Systems
- Job level
- Mid-Senior Level / Manager
- Job category
- IT and Software
- Educational requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Office Address
- Ground Floor ELJ Building, ABS-CBN Compound, Mother Ignacia Avenue, 1100 Metro Manila, Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Entertainment / Film / News and Current Affairs / Public Service / Publishing / Digital, etc.
- 1 opening
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.