Media Software Engineer | For Pooling
- Quezon City, PhilippinesGround Floor ELJ Building, ABS-CBN Compound, Mother Ignacia Avenue, 1100 Metro Manila, Quezon City, Metro Manila, PhilippinesQuezon CityMetro ManilaPhilippines
- Full time
The Media Software Engineer is responsible for creating and maintaining software in support of the Content Technology & Operations: The Big Dipper group with particular focus on Digital Media Engineering and the Digital Archive. Working with other engineering teams, the Media Software Engineer will focus on the particular challenges faced when delivering digital media solutions. As such, this position will perform software development to create tools and processes related to media transformation, QC, handling, and delivery with special emphasis on cloud implementations. This role will make technology and design decisions, and partner across the organization in a collaborative manner to achieve results for our mission-critical content and distribution applications.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop software and infrastructure in support of our Media Archives and Media Engineering initiatives and implement solutions to facilitate the testing, transformation and handling of content in a variety of workflows.
- Working with various Engineering and IT teams, provide media software support to the overall media engineering efforts as they intersect with our Media Archives & Media Engineering priorities.
- Review project objectives and determine best technology for implementation. Implement best practice standards for development, build and deployment automation.
- Evaluate software products and vendors for the Technology Operations Division and other areas. Recommend action, develop and lead implementation of selected products/services.
- Work with internal and external developers to ensure ABS-CBN Technology code standards and best practices are performed for development of applications.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience is required
- 3+ years media software engineering experience delivering progressively complex media software solutions
- 2 years of relevant experience in content and data management workflows and solutions
- Entertainment industry is desirable but not necessary
- Experience with media transcoding platforms and services such as ffmpeg, imagemagick or commercial equivalents
- Experience with source code and knowledge repositories such as git, jira or equivalent systems
- Demonstrated proficiency in DevOps principles and implementation
- Experience developing in AWS at scale leveraging core services such as Lambda, RDS and ec2
- Experience with Build and Deployment tools such as Jenkins, Chef, Puppet or equivalent
- Proficient in a Linux environment
- Solid understanding of core DevOps and SDLC in an agile environment
- Understanding of systems design and architecture
- Ability to work with outside vendors and clients under sometimes adverse circumstances and under time critical constraints
- Able to perform other duties as required
- Job level
- Associate / Supervisor
- Job category
- IT and Software
- Educational requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- Ground Floor ELJ Building, ABS-CBN Compound, Mother Ignacia Avenue, 1100 Metro Manila, Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Entertainment / Film / News and Current Affairs / Public Service / Publishing / Digital, etc.
- 2 openings
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.