- Ensure the full and correct implementation of government environmental regulations and standards.
- Ensure the implementation of the Environmental Program of the AP Generation Group within the facility and immediate community, among its personnel and in its operations and work processes.
- Draft environmental policies, guidelines, and procedures for approval by the SHEQ committee and plant management.
- Conduct regular monitoring and inspection of the facility and its perimeters to ensure compliance with environmental laws, rules, and regulations as specified in RA 9003, RA 6969, RA 8749, RA 9275, and ECC conditions.
- Graduated with a degree in Engineering, preferably Chemical or Environmental Engineering, or in Environmental Science or Environmental Management.
- With accreditation by the DENR (DENR-AO 92-26) as Pollution Control Officer I and II.
- At least 4 years of experience in a power plant or heavy industry as Environmental Technician or Engineer.
- Knowledgeable of environmental laws: RA 9003, RA 6969, RA 8749, RA 9275, and PD 1586 and their implementing rules and regulations.
- Knowledgeable of procedures and application of the environment rules and regulations.
- Appreciation and understanding of environmental parameters and standards.
- Understanding of coal fired power generation processes, systems, and equipment.
- Environmental monitoring and reporting skills.
- Communication skills, both oral and written.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
About Aboitiz Power Generation Group
Aboitiz Power Corporation (AboitizPower, AP) is a leader in the Philippine Electric Power Industry with a portfolio of assets located across the country. It has several hydroelectric and geothermal assets in its generation portfolio and also has non-renewable power plants located across the country. This includes: - Hedcor, Inc. - Therma Luzon, Inc. - Therma South, Inc. - Therma Marine, Inc. - Therma Mobile, Inc. - East Asia Utilities Corp. - Cebu Private Power Corp. - AP Renewables, Inc. At AboitizPower, we thrive together to drive change for a better world. We are a PEOPLE-CENTRIC organization who provides growth OPPORTUNITIES on a professional and personal level. We shape a better future as we do purposeful WORK in an ENVIRONMENT that is culture-focused, continuously innovating, and where individual and team contributions aligned to winning with integrity are RECOGNIZED. When you work at AboitizPower, you become part of an organization that is passionate and committed to advancing business and communities by providing reliable, reasonable, and responsible power to all. AboitizPower is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is crucial to our purpose of driving change for a better world. We consider and encourage all applicants without discriminating against age, sexual orientation and/or gender identity, disability, political opinion, religion, nationality, marital or parental status (including pregnancy), ethnicity or other status protected by law. Our equal opportunity and non-discrimination policy applies in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, regularization, promotions, transfers, discipline, termination, benefits and training. We urge everyone to be vigilant against scams that involve fraudulent offers of employment with Aboitiz Power Corporation. Scammers are falsely claiming to be representatives of Aboitiz, offering jobs in exchange for recruitment fees. Aboitiz does not ask for money from our applicants at any point of the job application process. #POWERyourFuture