The Operations Manager is responsible for delivering power to the grid in accordance with requirement from NGCP, the grid code and / or the O & M contract by ensuring that all equipment of the facility is operated efficiently, economically and safely as directed by the Operations Division Head in accordance with procedures compliant with the QMS standards.
- Coordinates with Team Leaders in the implementation of approved projects and scheduling of plant-wide Operations scope of work to increase the plant’s productivity.
- Ensures that all machines and equipment will run properly to meet load nomination requirement by conducting meetings with Maintenance daily to set priority jobs to be done, preventive and corrective maintenance.
- Ensures that the facility is operated on a high standard with regard to the performance of the crew, equipment and safety thru routine physical inspection of the barge, checking logbooks and monitoring condition of equipment and machines, including leaks and repairs needed and the safety condition of the crew
- Ensures proper coordination with Maintenance by preparing the list of jobs to be done or Internal Damage Report (IDR) daily and gives to Maintenance Manager and approving Work Order prepared by Maintenance Manager prior to commencing job activities. In cases of breakdown, coordinates with Maintenance on work to be done, time and desired results of the job in order to establish a time to start engine and operations.
- Ensures the continued operation of the plant by consolidating all works that have to be done and recommending to Facility Head the schedule of shutdown for repairs to limit unscheduled shutdowns, forced outage and unscheduled maintenance hours. Delineates which jobs are to be done by Operations and Maintenance.
- Ensures complete manning complement needed for operations by administering proper VL’s and SL’s of team members and assigning relievers for absences. Prepares daily Work Schedule - Engineers on Duty Roster, Daily Attendance Report.
- Ensures efficient operation of Separators by checking if cleaning is done per PMS and monitoring waste oil generation.
- Ensures that steam generation is optimized thru daily monitoring from the control desk. Monitors consumption of diesel oil by checking tank sounding records in oil logbook daily. Checks for excessive consumption and find out possible cause.
- Ensures efficient engine performance by evaluating engine performance parameters report monthly, checking for abnormalities and recommending adjustments of parameters to Facility Head, if needed.
- Ensures that quality of boiler water and engine cooling water are within specifications for safe and most economic operation by checking results of chemical analyses of boiler water and engine cooling water for abnormalities.
- Ensures the availability of freshwater for operation by checking the level of production of freshwater daily on the computer monitor. Orders purchase of freshwater from the outside supplier if the level is low.
- Ensures that boilers are properly cleaned during shutdown or repair of tubes by instructing shift on duty to conduct manual wash of boilers in accordance with QA manual.
- Ensures that LO transfer is done according to regulations. Checks oil records and computer monitor on level of Lube Oil daily. Instructs Storekeeper to prepare Purchase Requisition for LO, when needed.
- Prepares Weekly and Monthly Operations Report for submission to Facility Head and SVP-Operations. Prepares monthly power billings to NGCP, reconciles billing with client and Controllers.
- Prepares annual application and requirements for renewal of a permit to operate to DOLE, EMB-DENR for both stationary sources and wastewater treatment facility (discharge permit). (4 hrs/yr with EMB-DOLE)
- Supervises inspection of facilities, worksites, equipment, work practices and safety devices to ensure compliance with required workplace safety standards, regulations, and policies. Reports findings to department and recommends changes to establish safe work conditions. May compel cessation of work in order to address potential imminent hazards; monitors changes and/or make follow-up inspections.
- Conducts regular safety audits of departments including the inspection of facilities, worksites, equipment, work practices and safety devices to ensures compliance with required workplace safety standards, regulations, and policy; reports findings to department and recommend changes to establish safe work conditions; may compel cessation of work in order to address potential imminent hazards; monitors changes and/or make follow-up inspections.
- Ensure the periodic testing of fire pumps and carbon dioxide (CO2) fire fighting system and fire extinguishers.
- Direct and implement Emergency Preparedness and Response Drills including fire and evacuation and other emergency drills.
- Assists in the development of his staff by coordinating with HR in identifying their training needs and by cooperating in the implementation of their individual development plans.
- Performs other functions that may be assigned from time to time.
- Certified Professional Electrical/Mechanical Engineer (PME/PEE)
- With more than 5 years of experience in engine operation preferably in a power generation industry
- Knowledge of diesel power plant operation and maintenance
- Knowledge and experience in health, safety, and environmental laws and regulations
- Excellent analysis and decision-making skills
- Excellent Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Excellent Leadership and people skills
- Exhibits decisiveness
- With great analytical skills and problem-solving and decision-making ability
- With verbal and written communication skills including presentation skills
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.