The Asst. DPO is primarily responsible for compliance with the Data Privacy Act of 2012 (the “DPA”), its Implementing Rules and Regulations, issuances by the National Privacy Commission (“NPC”), and other applicable laws and policies.
About the Role
A. Data Privacy Compliance as Core/Primary Function
- Collect information to identify the processing operations, activities, programs, or systems of the Company, and maintain records thereof
- Analyze and check the compliance of processing activities, including the issuance of security clearances
- Inform, advise, and issue recommendations including the necessity of executing Data Sharing Agreement with third parties
- Ascertain renewal of accreditation or certifications necessary
- Ensure the conduct of privacy impact assessments and project audits and prepare information systems/project audit documentation, reports, and the corrective and preventive action plans
- Inform/advise the DPO regarding complaints and/or the exercise by data subjects of their rights
- Ensure proper data breach and security incident management by the Company, and prepare reports and other documentation
B. Project Audit as Core/Primary Function
- Conduct a thorough research on the auditing areas and conduct comprehensive audits
- Evaluate and manage the risk factors involved
- Derive conclusions based on the audits conducted, maintain the documentation and papers
- Train and mentor and manage the audit staff
- Plan and manage assigned audit projects
- Prepare audit plan and coordinate audit activities;
To be a successful candidate, you should have….
- BS in Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Security, or Cybersecurity.
- At least ten years of relevant work experience
- At least five years of experience in the field of Information Security Management and/or IT Audit.
- Must have at least one of the following certifications:
- Certified Information Systems Manager (CISM), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM), Certified Information Privacy Technologist (CIPT), or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or similar certifications.
- Strong knowledge of and experience in compliance with DPA laws and regulations
- Familiarity with IT systems and security measures to ensure the confidentiality and integrity of data
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Effective problem solving and decision-making skills
About Stradcom Corporation
Stradcom Corporation is the IT Company behind the computerization of the Land Transportation Office (LTO) of the Philippine government.
Through the LTO-IT Project, Stradcom established a multi-billion peso IT infrastructure by which the LTO has been serving the 85,000 motor vehicle registrants and driver license applicants who come to its 300 nationwide offices daily.
We are thus looking for talented individuals to join us, whether seasoned professionals seeking a change of pace and direction or new graduates wanting to explore frontiers and pursue a fulfilling career.