We are seeking a highly experienced and dedicated Accounts Receivable Director to lead our Accounts Receivable (AR) department. You will oversee all aspects of AR, including invoicing, collections, cash application, and financial reporting. The ideal candidate should have a strong background in accounting, extensive experience with ERP systems like NetSuite, and familiarity with EDI processes, specifically SPS Commerce.
- Responsible for managing the activities of the staff invoicing, issuing credit/debit memos, establishing reserves, etc.; including ERP responsibilities for the AR sub-ledger.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the AR department; create, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and controls, Manage and streamline billing and collection process and cash application functions for the company.
- Assists in monitoring, tracking, and enforcing department policies, procedures, and goals while identifying inefficiencies and proposing, developing, and documenting new concepts and procedures. Manage the monthly AR close process including reconciliation of AR sub-ledger to GL and preparation of AR month-end schedules, revenue reporting and reconciliation to GL, and metrics used for internal reporting.
- Daily review of collection reports to ascertain the status of collections and balances outstanding and reduce collection cycle times (DSO) where possible.
- Audit delinquent accounts considered to be uncollectible to ensure maximum efforts have been taken before assigning bad debt status to the account.
- Monitor aging balances and recommend write-offs.
- Work closely with Sales to ensure collection guidelines are adhered to and issues quickly resolved.
- Works with internal departments and clients to regulate and resolve hold/release sales orders in accordance with internal rules and regulations.
- Actively monitor and work with internal departments to resolve all outstanding Accounts Receivable claims and chargebacks.
- Manage information requests during year-end audits and respond to requests for information during internal audits.
- Document trends and initiate corrective action to ensure maximum cash reimbursement, prompt payment for services rendered, and uninterrupted cash flow.
- Compile data, conduct statistical and analytical studies of billing volume, dollars billed, payments received, bills outstanding, cash and revenue fluctuations, and prepare regular and special reports for review in planning and evaluating department objectives.
- Work with staff to prioritize work and ensure staff is trained on policy and procedure.
- Ensure work is accurate and is being processed in a timely manner and in accordance with department policies and procedures.
- Monitor and evaluate staff performance to ensure duties are properly performed and employees are working towards common business goals. This will include preparation of the annual performance evaluations. Provide constructive feedback and discipline when necessary.
- Assist staff in researching and handling more complicated transactions and problems. Interface with customer service, sales organizations, and senior levels management in communicating and resolving issues.
- Responsible for review and maintenance of customer databases.
- Keep abreast of current trends and practices in your field of expertise.
- Approves, establishes, and maintains credit limits on all new and current customer accounts.
- Reviews with management creditworthiness decisions on marginal credit approvals and slow-paying accounts.
- Special projects and tasks as directed.
- Experience with EDI (SPS Commerce) and ERP (NetSuite)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- US Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is a plus
- 5-10 years of experience in Accounting
- Experience with NetSuite and SPS Commerce
- Advanced Excel skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage, lead, and motivate staff
- Strong knowledge of financial accounting principles and concepts (U.S. GAAP)
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Prioritization and time management
Perks and Benefits
- Work from Home
- Accounts Receivable
- Microsoft / MS Excel