You will handle:
- Stay up-to-date with the latest industry laws, regulations, and guidelines to ensure compliance with legal obligations, including insurance regulations, data protection, anti-money laundering, and consumer protection.
- Develop, implement, and manage comprehensive compliance programs and policies, including conducting compliance risk assessments, internal audits, and training sessions for employees.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, including the executive team, underwriters, claims managers, and sales representatives, to provide guidance and ensure compliance across all business operations.
- Monitor and analyze changes in legislation and regulatory requirements to assess their impact on the company's operations and develop appropriate action plans.
- Investigate and address compliance violations, breaches, or potential misconduct, and propose corrective measures to prevent reoccurrence.
- Manage relationships with external regulators, auditors, and legal counsel, ensuring timely and accurate reporting and information exchange.
- Lead internal investigations and respond to inquiries from regulatory authorities, ensuring all documentation and records are appropriately maintained.
- Stay informed about industry best practices, emerging trends, and technological advancements in compliance and legal matters, recommending and implementing relevant improvements.
- Provide guidance and support to cross-functional teams on legal and compliance issues, such as contract negotiations, risk assessments, and regulatory filings.
- Foster a culture of compliance and ethical behavior throughout the organization by promoting awareness, training, and ongoing education initiatives.
You need to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Law, Business, or a related field. Other relevant legal qualification is strong advantage.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in compliance roles within the insurance industry or a similar regulated environment.
- In-depth knowledge of insurance laws, regulations, and compliance standards, including experience with insurance products, underwriting, claims, and distribution channels.
- Strong understanding of regulatory requirements and standards, such as Anti-Money Laundering (AML), and Know Your Customer (KYC) regulations.
- Proven track record of designing and implementing effective compliance programs, policies, and procedures.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Strong leadership abilities, with the capacity to inspire a culture of compliance and engage employees in ethical practices.
- Detail-oriented mindset, with excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in using web research databases and compliance from regulator bodies.
Perks and Benefits
- Performance Bonus
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, or Vision Plans
- Persuasion and Negotiation
- Complex Problem-Solving
- Judgement and Decision Making
- Legal Writing
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Deductive Reasoning
About OONA Insurance Indonesia
OONA Insurance was founded as PT Asuransi Bina Dharma Arta in Jakarta on 12 October 1982. On 1999, PT Asuransi Bina Dharma Arta became public company and rebranded to PT Asuransi Bina Dana Arta Tbk, or also known as ABDA. Since 9 February 2023, ABDA Insurance has rebranded name to OONA Insurance. OONA focuses on providing protection against any losses or damages, such as Fire, Vehicles, Engineering, Liability, Transportation, Heavy Equipment & Machinery, Health Protection and many more. With the support of branches spreading all over Indonesia and along with over 400 employees, we are steadily growing and becoming a strong general insurance company and a force to be reckoned with among Insurance providers in Indonesia.