This position plays a vital role in ensuring compliance with regulations and facilitating the approval process for the product registrations. The job requires a balance of of technical expertise, regulatory knowledge, and effective communication and organizational skills to navigate the complex regulatory landscape and contribute to the success of the organization’s Business Strategies and Goals. Proactively shape and influence food regulations through advocacy and strategic initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Facilitates the process of ensuring that all local, imported, and exported products are align with regulatory mandates.
• Accountable for centralized management and maintenance of permits, licenses, and authorizations required for food production, distribution, and other operations.
• Build and foster effective partnership with Food Regulatory Agencies, notably the FDA, and industry associations.
• Stays vigilant in monitoring emerging issues and developments in food regulations.
• Maintains regulatory data base, capturing information relevant to the business.
• Applies for Regulatory approvals in support of Business objectives. e.g. additives/nutrition claims, product registration
• Thoroughly review and approve artwork and claims against regulations and internal policy requirements
• Actively engage in lobbying efforts to influence industry food standards and regulations.
• Champion the proactive shaping and influencing of food regulations through well-calibrated strategic initiatives.
• Performs other tasks as assigned.
▪ Degree in BS Food Technology, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related courses.
▪ Minimum of three (3) years related work experience in a manufacturing company
▪ Ideally minimum two (2) years work experience in food manufacturing industry, handling regulatory compliance and requirements.
▪ Complies to 5S, 6S, GMP, HACCP and FSMS requirements
▪ Strong interpersonal abilities to build relationships, network, and collaborate with external regulatory bodies, industry associations, and partners.
• In-depth understanding of relevant local and international regulations, applicable guidelines, and standards
• Capacity to analyze regulatory challenges, identify potential risks, and propose practical solutions
• Thoroughness in reviewing and preparing regulatory submissions , documentation, and reports to ensure accuracy and completeness.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills to draft regulatory documents, interact with regulatory authorities, and convey complex information effectively.
• Strong ethical and regulatory decision-making skills to ensure product and practices meet safety and compliance standards
• Ability to lead and mentor teams, providing guidance on regulatory matters, and fostering a culture of compliance.