Director | Service Delivery, Procurement
- 1 opening
- Preferred Educational Attainment
- Graduated from college
- 2 months ago
- Application deadline
- in 11 days
- Recruiter responds
- 17% of the time
- Recruiter last seen
- 19 days ago
- Employment Type
- Full time
- Office Address
- Edison Road, Barrio Ibayo, Parañaque City, Parañaque, Metro Manila, Philippines
Required Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Required Years of Related Experience: 15+ years of Procurement, Finance or IT experience
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Uncompromised requirements for the role):
- Thinking analytically, strategically and creatively - disciplined data oriented thinking to gain competitive advantage; being able to think strategically and plan for long term; showing sound judgment in evaluating opportunities and ability to respond effectively to various situations via creative commercial / organizational /business interventions.
- Collaboration, Communication & Influencing Skills: Should be regarded as a constructive player representing procurement in various teams within the company and outside. Should have a strong sense of ‘customer service’ and the requisite communication skills to communicate objectives clearly and then develop the collaborative relationships both internally and externally to achieve these. Proven ability to influence Cross Functional and business leaders is key to this role.
- Learning Agility & Openness to Change: Proven ability to manage multiple priorities effectively. Also with a proven ability to learn new skills, gain mastery in new industries, being comfortable with ambiguity and adapt to changing business needs and priorities.
- Affinity with Procure-to-Pay processes and Procurement Operations
- Preferred expert level knowledge of Procurement systems and P2P processes (e.g. ARIBA Buyer, ARIBA Spend Management, eSourcing tools, VIEWS/Cognos or other data warehouse & reporting tools, SAP/Lynx & other ERP systems)
Focus on customer and continuous improvement:
- Good problem solving, analysis and troubleshooting skills. Identifies areas for process improvements and leads/participates in implementation
- Strong customer service skills and ability to anticipate customer needs
- Seek feedback on processes or practices; gather perspectives and ideas for improvements
- Examine the quality of tools and customer service. Identify steps that can be taken to help improve in these areas
- Reflect on achieved success; determine the factors contributing to strong performance and leverage them to a greater degree
- Analyze the success of recent projects; conduct “after action or lessons learned reviews” to streamline efforts and reduce barriers to results
Leadership & People management skills:
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills and the ability to work with the team in a flexible, innovative environment
- Proactively build good morale and cooperation within a team
- Persistent , result driven, hands on
- Ability to educate others on the use of systems and process
- Strong networking and influencing skills
- Credo driven behavior. Model team behavior and acts as an inspiration to others related to team behavior while providing coaching and developmental opportunities
- Understand Compliance Requirements
- Strong Project Management skills
- Good communication skills; Ability to present complex topics in a manner that are easily understood
- Proficient in English (written and spoken), fluency in AsPac language(s) is an asset
- Flexibility to partner with and adapt to a diverse range of cultures and business disciplines
- Ability to navigate a global, highly matrixed organization
Other: Prior experience of managing key stakeholders in the region effectively.
Overall mission of Procurement Shared Services is to enable J&J employees, the procurement function, various business units and the 100,000+ suppliers that work for J&J through business process and technology transformations that drive disproportionate value for the patients and consumers. The organization is also at the center of the Procurement function's digitization efforts across the globe, across categories and across sectors.
This role is specifically aimed at transforming the employee & external partner experience via integrating and driving adoption for various services that are driven by the Global procurement shared Services group across the source to settle space (examples- Requisition to pay, Tactical buying, Contracting etc.). This role is also responsible for overseeing the execution of all three services globally on a day to day basis with excellence. Given its breadth and impact, this role is critical to enabling the J&J procurement transition to Enterprise Business services in the Region Region.
The Regional Director will have direct responsibility for the following in this space:
- Laying the Vision: Defining, deploying and driving a vision for transforming internal and external partner experience in the region. Works with Global sub process owners to define and shape service offerings that are designed to meet and exceed the emerging business needs in the region. This will include in many cases, framing the concepts and business case, aligning sponsorship and delivering various kinds of projects (examples: Process / Cost / Business innovation projects & policy/process changes, continuous improvements etc.). Given the nascent nature of the Region Shared Services team, the role also envisages laying a vision for the procurement Shared Services Organization based in the region.
- Enabling the Service: Critical to the role is the ability to establish and nurture strong relationships with leadership in the region with a view to constructively influencing the needs and expectations in the region. The regional leader will also be key to working with the local leadership to bust barriers and to ensure procurement shared services are prioritized and adopted appropriately. The candidate will be representing the region in various forums like the regional Enterprise Shared Services lead teams as well as in the Regional Governance Councils.
- Executing the Service: Lead and Shape the design and rollout of global service lines in the region for all in scope Procurement shared Services. Manage and own the relationships with key regional stakeholders within J&J (Procurement Leadership, Business Finance / AP, Business users etc.) and with the J&J supply base that operates in this space. Ensure requirements are known and addressed; service delivery model and strategy are well understood including scope of services, financial model, short/mid/long term vision, roadmap etc.
- Executing with excellence: responsible for delivery of all Procurement Shared services in the region, ensures service delivery meets standards and requirements and continuously enhances to exceed customer expectations. Includes, Planning, managing and delivering all key business building, innovation and continuous projects in the region.
- Organizational Strategy, Building & Developing the Organization: Make Vs. buy – analysis and execution (incl. leadership in defining externally sourced scope of work, quality & service standards, supplier selections, risk management etc.) Establish the right structure for the internal organization. Provide leadership and direction as we move from a fragmented work bench to a focused group of fewer resources providing enhanced services to the employee and supplier community. Participate in training both inside and outside of procurement and at the same time train the larger organization on an ongoing basis. Develop the right succession plan. Take part in management reward systems and organizational development. Carry out appraisals and career discussions.Ensure compliance with all internal control guidelines for the relevant processes. Drive Credo behavior and collaboration across entire J&J Enterprise (Cross-sector and cross-region) and with external partners
In maintaining oversight over Shared Services delivery, the first areas of focus will be:
- Contracting, Sourcing, Requisition-to-Pay, Analytics and Tactical buying services: ensure team members represent Region in the global service teams to help lead and shape the end state model and roll out the delivery model
- Technology Services: represent Region as regional owner and expert of the ARIBA Buyer and related procure-to-pay technologies in the global governance bodies. This includes maintaining relationships with global/regional IT groups as well as with external service providers
- Metrics & Analytics: analytics to enable procurement community as well performance monitoring for Procurement Shared Services delivery
- User services: represent Procure-to-Pay user community, drive continuous improvement, understand and address needs and install best practices with a continued focus on enhancing customer experience
- Project management: ensure excellence in deployment of global programs in the APAC region and vice versa, ensure APAC specific programs are captured in the global agenda and resourced/supported appropriately
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $74 billion in 2014 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. The more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employ approximately 127,000 people in 60 countries throughout the world.