About the Company
August 99 is a company of startups with 23 years experience and expertise in the world of tech and digital. We help other businesses succeed through the use of cutting-edge technology and innovative strategy. We also offer a suite of web-based digital products for clients world-wide: full web design, internet marketing, content creation, and app development.
Going beyond startups, we also believe in empowering individuals to excel in their chosen careers. August 99 fosters an exciting collaborative working environment that encourages our people to go beyond their job descriptions and achieve more. It’s all a part of our core values: daring you to do something worthy, finding your awesome, and earning your beef!
August 99 is part of Venture Studio 12 (VS12). Learn more about VS12 and its global companies and brands at vs12. com.
What you'll do
- Drafts and/or reviews various corporate legal forms, such as secretary's certificates, board resolutions, affidavits, certifications, deed of sale, special powers of attorney, release, waiver and quitclaims etc.;
- Helps the Corporate Legal in facilitating monthly Board meetings of the company and its corporate clients through sending notices to the Board of Directors and their secretaries, processing of per diems of BODs, coordinating directly with presenters and other service providers;
- Attends Board Meetings for the purpose of assisting the Corporate Legal in taking down minutes, and assisting with the requirements of all members of the Board during such meetings;
- Drafts Minutes of Board meetings for submission to the Corporate Legal;
- Reviews and assists in preparing template contracts such as contracts of lease, service agreements, construction agreements;
- Organizes reportorial requirements of the company before government agencies such as the Securities and Exchange Commission, Intellectual Property Office, Department of Trade and Industry, etc.;
- Drafts yearly compliance documentary requirements in connection with the company's annual external audit;
- Drafts and submit documentary requirements with the Securities and Exchange Commission, for the incorporation of new corporations, or for amendments of existing corporate papers;
- Communicates with SEC’s appropriate offices to ensure release of transaction documents such as Certificates of Incorporation; Certificates of Amendments and Certificates of Good Standing;
- Attends hearings/mediation proceedings before administrative agencies, such as the Department of Trade and Industry, etc., as may be required by the Corporate Legal.
- At least Third Year Student from a distinguished Law School, a graduate with a degree of Bachelor of Laws (Ll.B.), or Juris Doctor (J.D.) from a distinguished Law School.
- Over 3 years work experience as paralegal or legal assistant in a law firm.
- Comprehensive knowledge of law, procedures, government regulations and other legal processes.
- Above-average oral, interpersonal and writing skills, keen problem-solving ability, meticulous, keen attention to details and critical thinking.
- Proficient in documentation, familiar with legal documents and result-oriented.
Perks and Benefits
- Special Leave Benefits for Women
- Single Parent Leave
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Bereavement/Family Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, or Vision Plans