The position holder is responsible for managing assigned project area or items in the end-to-end origination and/or project development, including identifying and closing an offtake agreement, and/or dovetailing a greenfield, brownfield, project acquisition, or land for development, to supply the offtake agreement, and collaborating with different members of the project management team in order to bring a project to construction phase, and expand the project portfolio to achieve the growth objectives of ARI.
Outcomes Expected and Responsibilities:
● Manages the identification, initial analysis/assessment of the land banking, or project
opportunity for a renewable energy project.
● Implements the company's origination and/or project development growth strategy in the RE space.
● Identifies, analyzes, negotiates, and executes structured commercial transactions as part of the origination strategy/business development.
● Identifies or sources internal or external projects and negotiates and closes the transaction for external projects.
● Expands the pipeline of land possession, and project development opportunities by generating high quality leads.
● Works closely with the Renewable Sales Team, ARI PD&E, Commercial, Portfolio and other support teams to develop sales and project proposals.
● Manages and leads in the review of commercial documents such as term sheets, transaction, and other project documents needed for a project in collaboration with other teams.
● Identifies business opportunities and builds professional connection from all sources (public offerings, trade publications, leads from consultants and advisors, conferences, professional organizations) through constant networking
● Conducts data gathering activities and analyzes of industry information related to
requirements, technology, regulatory, new policy development that will support in developing business strategy.
● Understands the market capacities, pricing, competition, and other market factors in the On-Grid and Off-Grid sector.
● Monitors existing and potential competitors in RE space including technology, partnership and service providers.
● Develops and checks CAPEX and OPEX assumptions for financial models of projects,
risk analysis, and investment presentations for management approvals
● Responsible for keeping updated the information deck on relevant progress, risks,
and challenges on the projects.
● Monitors, controls, escalates and secures approval on budget spending for Project
● Identifies and manages Project resource requirements, both internal and external,
including building up development teams.
● Establishes and manages the progress of key Project development milestones,
Project Risks and Mitigation, reporting mechanisms and timelines
● Ensures project activities are being carried out in accordance with policies and guidelines established by Corporate Office, Project Development including Health, Safety, Environment and Social policies.
● Ensures project activities follows the RACI matrix for the Project Management team
and team members.
● Fosters ongoing relationship with key energy personalities in regulated and
unregulated markets, government related agencies, other stakeholders, and LGUs to
advance the company's interest.
- 5 years experience in the electric power industry/energy, preferably
- in the business/project development
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Economics, Management,
- Finance, or Marketing, or other Business-related courses
- Previous experience in project/business development in the power industry is an advantage.