Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a nationwide, diversified financial services company with $1.7 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance services through more than 8,700 locations, more than 12,500 ATMs, online (wellsfargo.com), and mobile devices.
We’re headquartered in San Francisco, but we’re decentralized so every local Wells Fargo store is a headquarters for satisfying all our customers’ financial needs and helping them succeed financially. We do business with 70 million customers and one in three U.S. households. Wells Fargo has approximately 266,000 team members in 36 countries across our more than 90 businesses.
At the end of first quarter 2015, Wells Fargo ranked fourth in assets among U.S. banks and was the world’s most valuable bank by market capitalization. In 2014, Wells Fargo was named “Most Respected Bank” by Barron’s magazine, “Most Admired” among the world’s largest banks by Fortune magazine, and “Best U.S. Bank” by The Banker magazine. The Chronicle of Philanthropy ranked Wells Fargo’s corporate cash giving in the top two among all U.S. companies each of the past two years. Wells Fargo perspectives are also available at Wells Fargo Blogs and Wells Fargo Stories.
Across all industries, Wells Fargo was among the top 20 brands in the world:
- Ranked 22nd in the Most Admired Company in the World (2015) on the Fortune list
- Ranked 8th in the Biggest Public Company in the World (2014 and based on sales, profits, assets and market value) on the Forbes list
- Ranked 11th in the Most Respected Company in the World (2014) on the Barron’s list
- Ranked 29th in the Biggest Company by Revenue in the U.S. (2014) on the Fortune list
- Most Valuable Bank Brand in World (2013 – 2015) by Brand Finance
- Most Valuable Brand in Banking (2014), Top 100 Most Valuable Global Brands by BrandZ
- Best U.S. Bank (2014) according to The Banker magazine
- No. 1 Top Company for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender (LGBT) Employees (2015) according to DiversityInc
Our vision: “We want to satisfy all our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially.”
Wells Fargo’s presence in the Philippines
Wells Fargo Enterprise Global Services, LLC – Philippines is a branch of Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. and a PEZA-registered company with the core business of providing business processing services for Wells Fargo’s US-based customers. Currently, the company operates in Wells Fargo Center, 1180 Wells Fargo Drive, McKinley Hill, Taguig City.
We officially started our operations in November 2011, initially hiring more than 100 team members. Currently, the company has over 1,800 team members and growing. We have constructed a built to suit 3-building center exclusive to Wells Fargo that is now fully-operational, and we expect to fully occupy the 3,000-seat-center in near future.
Wells Fargo’s presence in the Philippines is not new.
- Wells Fargo opened an office in the Philippines in 1901 to handle money, valuables, and goods by sea
- In 1918, Wells Fargo’s worldwide express business ended, but banking services continued with foreign correspondent connections to Asia
- In 1976, Wells Fargo’s Global Financial Institution (GFI) business began providing trade, payments, deposits, credit, and other banking solutions to customers in the country
- Wells Fargo Global Remittance Services has been available in the Philippines since 1994
- Most recently, Wells Fargo tripled its remittance payout locations in the Philippines
Wells Fargo Enterprise Global Services, LLC – Philippines is an active member of the IT Business Process Management Association of the Philippines (IBPAP), the Global In-house Center Council (GICC) and the Contact Center Association of the Philippines (CCAP).