Production Engineer | Rollforming
Union Galvasteel Corporation
- Davao City, PhilippinesDavao City, Davao Region, PhilippinesDavao CityDavao RegionPhilippinesPhilippines
- Full timeFULL_TIME
- This job is primarily responsible for leading one (1) shift of the Rollforming and Distribution Operations-production, inventory management, storage, handling, loading and withdrawals/delivery of Pre-painted coils and colored sheets, bended materials/PU products and roofing accessories.
- Supervises the production and withdrawals/delivery of colored sheets, bended materials and other roofing accessories in its finished products forms.
- Develops and implements plans and objectives of his section including scheduling, directing its activities, supervises subordinate employees and monitors strict adherence to company standards, systems and procedures pertaining to shearing, storage and loading of finished product.
- Develops, recommends and implements standards and procedures to assure adequate internal controls, improvements and/or innovations on existing procedures and practices, including shearing and forming, product handling, housekeeping, equipment maintenance and set-up in order to minimize downtime and wastes, increase capacity/output and efficiency of operations.
- Checks, verifies and ensures proper inventory of finished products. Updates daily the finished goods inventory report for submission to Finance and Marketing. Ensures that all reports prepared and submitted by his subordinates are correct and duly accomplished.
- Inspect, checks and receives sales returns of finished products from customers and/or haulers, ensuring that returned product are correct and accurate in specifications and remarks, with proper disposition, specifies that the defects are plant based, due to handling and/or committed while in transit.
- Coordinates with quality assurance with regards to defects and submits duly accomplishes Sales Returns to Finance for proper recording. Coordinates with the Logistics, Projects Services for customer and/or haulers complaints and other related matters.
- In coordination with Maintenance, ensures that all machineries and equipment under his section are properly utilized and handled in accordance with standards and procedures.
- Observes implement work values, rules and regulations pertaining to Health and Safety Management. Maintain proper coordination with Health and Safety committee.
- Develops and recommends organizational set ups, staffing, compensations, hiring, disciplinary measures, termination, transfer, and promotion of all personnel under his direction. Initiates group dynamics and sectional meetings as necessary.
- Coordinates with marketing Coordinators and Accounting/Credit personnel on matters relating to finished products withdrawals, inventory, storage, documentation and other relevant matters affecting his section.
- Works closely with Quality Assurance, coordinating matters relating to compliance of/ and adherence to quality standards and procedure. Ensures that all finished goods withdrawn from the plant complies with prescribed standards.
- Conducts or assists in the conduct of training related to finished products and other company initiated training’s and orientation seminars.
- Conducts plant and warehouse visits to assess quality systems and do safety observation
- Supports and demonstrates ownership of health and safety in his/her own area of responsibility
- Performs other duties that may be required by the immediate supervisor from time to time
- Mechanical Engineering/Electrical Engineering Graduate
- Preferably Licensed but not necessary
- with at least 1-2 years experience in Manufacturing/Construction Industry
- Has supervisory experience
- Willing to travel
- Willing to render work extension
- Job Level
- Associate / Supervisor
- Job Category
- Manufacturing and Production
- Educational Requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- Davao City, Davao Region, Philippines
- 1 opening
About Union Galvasteel Corporation
The company started as the Union Steel Plant Division of Bacnotan Cement Industries, Inc. (Bacnotan), a pioneer in the Philippine Cement Industry. It began commercial operations in 1963 with a galvanizing plant in Poro, La Union for the manufacture of Galvanized Iron (GI) sheets, expanding to Ilang, Davao City in 1968 and to Calamba, Laguna in 1990. In 1993, the steel plant was spun off from Bacnotan as a separate business unit, and incorporated as Bacnotan Steel Corporation, later renamed UNION GALVASTEEL CORPORATION (UGC). The company in 1997 established a modern Continuous Galvanizing Line and Color Coating Line for the manufacture of prepainted galvanized steel coils in Calamba, Laguna. Today, UGC is the market leader in manufacturing and distribution of prepainted and other galvanized roofing, and of galvanized steel building products such as building system components like steel deckings, c-purlins, door jambs, steel trusses, pre-engineered building structures (PEBS) and insulated panels for commercial, industrial and residential applications. The company has the largest and most diversified distribution network in the industry, with rollforming plants, warehouses and sales offices in strategic locations throughout the country. The Company’s slogan ‘SA TIBAY AT GANDA PANALO KA!’ speaks of an utmost commitment for product quality and service – that is, making lives better for Filipinos. More than claiming that they are all aesthetically designed for utmost durability, we want our products to be versatile and flexible for various applications. We consider compatibility to environment and climate change; we consider value for money by making products all cost-efficient, by delivering our services on time. We challenge ourselves to always innovate to offer infinite possibilities in the construction industry. UGC’s bests assets are the human resources; from the production to marketing to support groups, they are all equipped with sharper skills and better knowledge. The company continuously trains its employees to be the best of what they can be: to create and provide solutions. They should always be relevant and valuable, according to the needs and demands of our customers, attuned to the changing times. We differentiate ourselves by bringing the highest quality possible through our operational excellence. We make sure that the technology we have is the best in class. We lead the pack in adopting global standards by bringing only the finest materials and equipment the world can offer. We are relentless in discovering and exploring proactive improvements. Our facilities are always upgraded and expanded to maximize potentials, to acquire additional functions to create diverse product applications. This is the best technology for us, with sincerest human and personal touch that sets us apart from the rest of the field.