Union Galvasteel Corporation
- Calamba, PhilippinesCalamba, CALABARZON, PhilippinesCalambaCALABARZONPhilippinesPhilippines
- Full timeFULL_TIME
Deliver plant requirements for imported commodities by processing all importation requisites, collaborating with all stakeholders for funding and legal clearances, ensuring all relevant documentation are in place, and monitoring status of all importation requirements.
Summary of the job
- Monitors indent order confirmation, status of order, coordinate assigned forwarder for the booking of shipments, and ensure that goods will be delivered within prescribed period.
- Secures all necessary shipping documents before arrival of the goods, examine the accompanying documentation according to import requirements, considering legal restrictions, country of origin, import quotas, tariff rates and current market values and ensure correctness on such.
- Process advance payment and Letter of Credit opening necessary before shipment has been affected.
- Checks computation of Duties and Taxes for all Import shipments and ensure fund allocation. Analyzes and categorizes Import and Export shipments according to Tariff coding system.
- Checks final assessment given by the Broker or agent and facilitate D&T payment.
- Monitors importation requirements by overseeing the processes to ensure smooth releasing of imported cargos and collaborating with Accounts Payable, Treasury, legal and nominated brokers for all legal requirements, and coordinates all other requirements from other government agencies and Supply Chain in case of special permit requirements.
- Secures all importation related billings to facilitate payment settlement.
- Books Open account payment and prepare Request for payment for all importation payments such as Duties and Taxes, Broker’s advances, and payment to Vendor
- Ensure full compliance to Process and Control Standards (PCS), external and internal audits; maintain the highest ethical and integrity standards in all internal and external dealings and relationship.
- Ensures completeness of all documents and request for archiving.
- Secure and protect company assets assigned for confidentiality, integrity and availability.
- Maintain a secure working environment for customers, subordinates and employees by establishing and cascading security policies and procedures
- Determine and realize an OH&S roadmap for the area of responsibility based on the global OH&S strategy
- Set stage and provides resources to realize local OH&S mission.
- Ensure that critical hazards are identified and the associated risks are controlled effectively.
- Drive committed and effective incident management.
- Demonstrate Phinma core values behavioral standards: Integrity, Competence, Professionalism, and Patriotism.
- Initiate, suggest and implement process improvements.
- Other related-duties that may be assigned by the superiors.
Educational background / Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science and Customs Administration Graduate or finance-related course/s
Work experience required:
- Minimum of two (2) years working experience in Importation
- Management or Contract Management, and Purchasing/Procurement
- Minimum one (1) year experience in Oracle AP Module
- Knowledge on Customs and Tariff Law and Ruling, Procurement practices/processes and relevant government legislations (BIR, DOF, DENR, DTI), OH&S rules/regulations.
Technical / Functional skills:
- 8 C's procurement Ethics Oracle Purchasing, Oracle AP
- Accounts Payable Supplier/Vendor Management
- Analysis and Problem-Solving MS Office
- Business Process and Control Negotiation skills
- Government Legislation (BIR, DENR, BOC) Customer Handling
- Risk Management
- Job Level
- Entry Level / Junior, Apprentice
- Job Category
- Supply Chain
- Educational Requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Once in a while
- Office Address
- Calamba, CALABARZON, Philippines
- 1 opening
About Union Galvasteel Corporation
The company started as the Union Steel Plant Division of Bacnotan Cement Industries, Inc. (Bacnotan), a pioneer in the Philippine Cement Industry. It began commercial operations in 1963 with a galvanizing plant in Poro, La Union for the manufacture of Galvanized Iron (GI) sheets, expanding to Ilang, Davao City in 1968 and to Calamba, Laguna in 1990. In 1993, the steel plant was spun off from Bacnotan as a separate business unit, and incorporated as Bacnotan Steel Corporation, later renamed UNION GALVASTEEL CORPORATION (UGC). The company in 1997 established a modern Continuous Galvanizing Line and Color Coating Line for the manufacture of prepainted galvanized steel coils in Calamba, Laguna. Today, UGC is the market leader in manufacturing and distribution of prepainted and other galvanized roofing, and of galvanized steel building products such as building system components like steel deckings, c-purlins, door jambs, steel trusses, pre-engineered building structures (PEBS) and insulated panels for commercial, industrial and residential applications. The company has the largest and most diversified distribution network in the industry, with rollforming plants, warehouses and sales offices in strategic locations throughout the country. The Company’s slogan ‘SA TIBAY AT GANDA PANALO KA!’ speaks of an utmost commitment for product quality and service – that is, making lives better for Filipinos. More than claiming that they are all aesthetically designed for utmost durability, we want our products to be versatile and flexible for various applications. We consider compatibility to environment and climate change; we consider value for money by making products all cost-efficient, by delivering our services on time. We challenge ourselves to always innovate to offer infinite possibilities in the construction industry. UGC’s bests assets are the human resources; from the production to marketing to support groups, they are all equipped with sharper skills and better knowledge. The company continuously trains its employees to be the best of what they can be: to create and provide solutions. They should always be relevant and valuable, according to the needs and demands of our customers, attuned to the changing times. We differentiate ourselves by bringing the highest quality possible through our operational excellence. We make sure that the technology we have is the best in class. We lead the pack in adopting global standards by bringing only the finest materials and equipment the world can offer. We are relentless in discovering and exploring proactive improvements. Our facilities are always upgraded and expanded to maximize potentials, to acquire additional functions to create diverse product applications. This is the best technology for us, with sincerest human and personal touch that sets us apart from the rest of the field.