Credit and Collections Manager
- Quezon City, PhilippinesUnit D-C, Quezon City, Metro Manila, PhilippinesQuezon CityMetro ManilaPhilippines
- Full time
- Leads the quality development of underwriting policies and ensures the efficiency of collection processes to drive operational excellence and achieve business targets.
- Leads the development of highly competent and driven Credit and Collection team.
- Helps identify areas of profitable business growth in collaboration with key departments (Sales, Finance, and Business Development)
A. Sets the direction and strategy for the CCD
- Establishes yearly and quarterly Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) in alignment with overall business goals.
- Guides the department in translating OKRs to sub-unit goals and action plans
- Monitors the efficacy of credit and collections strategies and programs and takes corrective action where needed.
- Together with Credit Manager, sets performance targets for the team and identifies developmental areas as baseline for intervention (training and non-training).
B. Contributes to and supports the drive for operational excellence
- Ensures the efficient and effective implementation of CCD operational roadmap
- Specifically, monitors the collection efficiency against set targets and ensures effective management of delinquent accounts
- Identifies areas for process/ policy improvements and provides opportunities for team members to do the same
- Provides consultative and advisory support to the team and other departments on major issues and escalated cases affecting the credit and collection policies and operation.
- Mitigates risks associated with the loan generation and collection processes by creating/developing the appropriate credit scoring methodologies, underwriting and collections policies, documentation of loan term agreements and covenants, and collateral guarantees
- Keeps abreast of changes in the regulatory environment and scans the industry for changes that could affect the viability of the company’s loan portfolio.
C. Supports the company’s growth initiatives
- Provides consultative support to Business Development team in the development of new products and services and helps identify areas of profitable business growth.
- Works closely with the Sales department to look for ways to support the company’s growth initiatives without compromising the quality of the company’s loan portfolio and its ability to manage risk; maintaining delinquencies at acceptable levels.
- Manage relations with credit reporting agencies, insurance providers, and other industry partners to network, strengthen relations and benchmark for best practices.
D. Leads the development of highly competent and driven Credit and Collection team.
- Works closely with Credit Manager in monitoring people’s progress against performance targets
- Acts as a mentor and/or encourages the team to improve; identifies and enables opportunities for continuous development of individual skills
- Partners with HR in identifying competency gaps and ensures that developmental areas are addressed, providing suggestions on appropriate interventions
- Continuously looks for new or nontraditional ideas to improve personal, team and operational effectiveness.
- Cultivates and encourages a team culture that is supportive of the company’s vision, mission, goals, and strategies.
- Candidate must possess at least Bachelor's/College Degree in any field.
- At least 5 Year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Preferably Assistant Manager/Manager specialized in Banking/Financial Services or equivalent.
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.