Tax and Compliance Specialist
SN Aboitiz Power Group
- Taguig, Philippines10th Flr., NAC Tower, 32nd Street, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig, Metro Manila, PhilippinesTaguigMetro ManilaPhilippinesPhilippines
- Full timeFULL_TIME
The duties and responsibilities associated with this position includes the
Tax Accounting and Compliance
- Assist Tax & Compliance Senior Specialist in gathering and analyzing group data and in preparing all monthly, quarterly, semestral and annual tax returns (direct and indirect taxes), declarations and other required statutory reports together with necessary supporting computations and documentations .
- Assist Tax & Compliance Senior Specialist in collating and reviewing supporting schedules, computations and documentations needed on various reportorial requirements.
- Assist Tax & Compliance Senior Specialist in filing and/or submitting on time approved monthly, quarterly, semestral and annual tax declarations (direct and indirect taxes), returns and other required statutory reports and monitor applicable on time payment to appropriate government agency.
Tax Audit and Assessment Management
- Assist Tax & Compliance Senior Specialist in coordinating, organizing and managing activities involved in the conduct of tax audit to ensure readiness and integrity of required information.
- Assist Tax & Compliance Senior Specialist in the preparation of reconciliation to refute the audit issues raised and documents to support such reconciliation.
Compliance to Other Regulatory Rules and Regulations
- Assist Tax & Compliance Senior Specialist in handling/ managing the Company’s compliance to applicable statutory rules and regulations including, but not limited to, those of the Board of Investments (statutory reports submission, application for ITH entitlement, application for confirmation of ITH incentives, etc.), Bureau of Customs (accreditation, post-entry audit, etc.) and Securities and Exchange Commission (statutory reports submission, application for registrations, application for increase of capital stocks, application for retirement of shares, etc.).
- Prepare and conduct tax updates to concerned company employees to ensure that tax latest tax rules and regulations are applied throughout the group.
- Provide orientation to new hires on all tax rules and regulations that the company wants them to observe.
Local Tax Compliance
- Assist Tax & Compliance Senior Specialist in processing Group’s business licenses, permits, and exemption certificates related to its authority to do business.
- Ensure compliance with internal, corporate and external reporting requirements and timeliness.
- Assist in the implementation of Integrated Management Systems (Quality, Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental, and Asset) and compliance to regulatory requirements
- Initiate and ensure other tax and regulatory compliance team members’ basic understanding of tax regulatory and compliance responsibilities.
- Other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- 1-2 years of working experience in accounting, taxation, regulatory reporting and internal control; previous work in an audit firm setting and exposure to international taxation and transfer pricing would be a distinct advantage
- Comprehensive and strong knowledge of Philippine tax laws and rulings and its applications to domestic and foreign transactions.
- Power industry related experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy and a Certified Public Accountant
- Job Level
- Entry Level / Junior, Apprentice
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Educational Requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- NAC Tower, 32nd Street, Bonifacio Global City
- Oil / Energy / Solar / Greentech
- 1 opening
About SN Aboitiz Power Group
WHO WE ARE SN Aboitiz Power Group or SNAP is the collective name of the power generation arm (SN Aboitiz Power-Magat, Inc. and SN Aboitiz Power-Benguet, Inc.) and power retailing arm (SN Aboitiz Power-RES, Inc.) of the business. Through its power generating unit, SNAP develops and operates world-class renewable energy facilities in the Philippines; and by means of its power retailing arm, SNAP provides innovative energy solutions to its customers. It is a recipient of several local awards and citations for its safety records, community programs, stakeholder relations, and environmental campaigns. It has also received international recognition in the Asian region for privatization and project financing as well as for its plants’ performance as independent power producers. With 641.5 MW of total capacity, SNAP harnesses the energy of flowing water to generate clean, renewable energy for its customers. WHAT WE DO Magat Hydro is one of the largest hydro facilities in Luzon, with a gross maximum capacity of 388 MW. It draws water from the Magat River through the multipurpose Magat Dam. Under the power restructuring law, the power facility was privatized in 2006. Following the successful bid of US$530 million, SNAP took over operations on April 26, 2007. The 8.5-MW Maris Hydro is the first power plant constructed by SNAP. Construction of the PHP2.5 billion run-of-river hydro plant took about two years—it broke ground in late 2015 and was completed in November 2017. Maris hydro utilizes water coming from Magat hydro. At its original capacity of 75 MW, Ambuklao Hydro was one of the first large hydroelectric power plants in the Philippines and is one of the oldest. In 2008, SNAP took over Ambuklao and the 100-MW Binga Plant after a winning bid of US$325 million under the privatization program. Ambuklao hydro re-operated in 2011 as a 105-MW power plant following its rehabilitation and upgrading. Binga Hydro was built in 1960 and lies 19 kilometers downstream of its sister facility, Ambuklao. It was bid out along with Ambuklao; but only the power components were privatized while the dams remain government-owned. Binga hydro underwent a refurbishment which began in 2010 and was completed in 2013. This increased the plant’s capacity from 100-125 MW. It is now capable of generating 140 MW after further uprating. With the advent of open access in the Philippines, customers with a monthly average peak demand of 750kW and above can choose a Retail Electricity Supplier through the Open Access market. SNAP-RES was formed into the group for the Retail Electricity Market. SNAP-RES continues to serve the needs of Contestable Customers by focusing on the requirements of each industry and delivering innovative solutions for each customer profile since 2011. SN Aboitiz Power (SNAP) is a joint venture of Scatec and Aboitiz Power Corporation (AP). Scatec is a Norway-based leading renewable power producer that delivers affordable and clean energy worldwide. As a long-term player, Scatec develops, builds, owns, and operates solar, wind, and hydropower plants and storage solutions. On the other hand, Aboitiz Power Corporation is a wholly-owned subsidiary representing the consolidated electricity interests of the Aboitiz Group—one of the largest conglomerates in the Philippines focusing on the electricity, financial, and food sectors. Aboitiz has been involved in the Philippine electricity industry since the 1930s.