The duties and responsibilities associated with this position includes the
Tax Accounting and Compliance
- Assist Tax & Compliance Senior Specialist in gathering and analyzing group data and in preparing all monthly, quarterly, semestral and annual tax returns (direct and indirect taxes), declarations and other required statutory reports together with necessary supporting computations and documentations .
- Assist Tax & Compliance Senior Specialist in collating and reviewing supporting schedules, computations and documentations needed on various reportorial requirements.
- Assist Tax & Compliance Senior Specialist in filing and/or submitting on time approved monthly, quarterly, semestral and annual tax declarations (direct and indirect taxes), returns and other required statutory reports and monitor applicable on time payment to appropriate government agency.
Tax Audit and Assessment Management
- Assist Tax & Compliance Senior Specialist in coordinating, organizing and managing activities involved in the conduct of tax audit to ensure readiness and integrity of required information.
- Assist Tax & Compliance Senior Specialist in the preparation of reconciliation to refute the audit issues raised and documents to support such reconciliation.
Compliance to Other Regulatory Rules and Regulations
- Assist Tax & Compliance Senior Specialist in handling/ managing the Company’s compliance to applicable statutory rules and regulations including, but not limited to, those of the Board of Investments (statutory reports submission, application for ITH entitlement, application for confirmation of ITH incentives, etc.), Bureau of Customs (accreditation, post-entry audit, etc.) and Securities and Exchange Commission (statutory reports submission, application for registrations, application for increase of capital stocks, application for retirement of shares, etc.).
- Prepare and conduct tax updates to concerned company employees to ensure that tax latest tax rules and regulations are applied throughout the group.
- Provide orientation to new hires on all tax rules and regulations that the company wants them to observe.
Local Tax Compliance
- Assist Tax & Compliance Senior Specialist in processing Group’s business licenses, permits, and exemption certificates related to its authority to do business.
- Ensure compliance with internal, corporate and external reporting requirements and timeliness.
- Assist in the implementation of Integrated Management Systems (Quality, Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental, and Asset) and compliance to regulatory requirements
- Initiate and ensure other tax and regulatory compliance team members’ basic understanding of tax regulatory and compliance responsibilities.
- Other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- 1-2 years of working experience in accounting, taxation, regulatory reporting and internal control; previous work in an audit firm setting and exposure to international taxation and transfer pricing would be a distinct advantage
- Comprehensive and strong knowledge of Philippine tax laws and rulings and its applications to domestic and foreign transactions.
- Power industry related experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy and a Certified Public Accountant
- Job Level
- Entry Level / Junior, Apprentice
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Educational Requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- NAC Tower, 32nd Street, Bonifacio Global City
- Oil / Energy / Solar / Greentech
- 1 opening