S&P Global Philippines, Inc.
- Pasig, PhilippinesGround Floor, Silver City Bldg 2 Frontera Drive Tiendesitas Pasig, Pasig, Metro Manila, PhilippinesPasigMetro ManilaPhilippinesPhilippines
- Full timeFULL_TIME
- Convert (translate/localize) high-level documents in the source language to the target language (Chinese to English and vice-versa) by relaying the style and tone of the original language.
- Collect relevant financial information through primary research and secondary research.
- Primary Research entails establishing and maintaining positive professional relationships with financial professionals in the covered market to maintain and enhance our unique data; and
- Secondary Research calls for the maintenance and the development of relevant sources through regular monitoring of their relevancy.
- Ensure that queries from both internal and external clients are addressed accurately, comprehensively, and timely.
- Provide quality assurance of translated and localized materials.
- Create and maintain language glossaries, dictionaries, and translation memories utilized for translation, and draft language-specific style guides based on project requirements.
- Deliver on predefined individual and team targets including delivering outcomes with quality and excellence.
- Stay abreast of updated translation and research guidelines and policies.
- Daily reporting of work performed during the day in the reporting tools; including fix errors as per quality feedback within specified time and report back after completion.
- Participate in developing and executing projects as assigned from time to time as per company requirements.
- Participate in testing new tools and application that would enhance individual and team productivity and efficiency.
- Ideate and execute Process Improvement and Automation projects. and
- Escalate concerns on time and with correct line of communication and appropriate response to mails from co-workers & management Team.
- Proficiency or native competency in specified language (Chinese) and English. Other languages are a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and specified language (Chinese and familiarity with Chinese financial markets).
- Knowledge of Accounting and Financial subject matter, concepts, and terms. Preferred knowledge of financial statements (IS, BS, CF etc.), Key Ratios and other market-related data.
- Should have good analytical skills to conduct thorough objective research, and with good attention to detail.
- Well-versed with information research on the internet and desktop applications such as Microsoft Office 365 (MS Word, Excel, Teams, Outlook).
- Ability to interact with different levels and deal with issues in a mature and professional manner (excellent interpersonal skills to facilitate effective communication across teams)
- Must have the ability to work in a team as well as independently.
- Strong time management skills – must be able prioritize, multi-task, and deliver regarding work deadlines, service level agreements, and targets set.
- Must have an inquisitive and investigative nature, and be proactive, highly motivated and have a positive attitude.
- Language proficiency certification is desirable.
- Proven experience of active participation on translation and localization projects particularly related to financial industry/markets.
- Experience with Lean principles, automation, and machine translation.
- Knowledge in SQL, Python and VBA Macro is a plus.
- Job Level
- Associate / Supervisor
- Job Category
- Writing and Content
- Educational Requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- Ground Floor, Silver City Bldg 2 Frontera Drive Tiendesitas Pasig, Pasig, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Financial Technology
- 4 openings
About S&P Global Philippines, Inc.
S&P Global is a leading provider of transparent and independent ratings, benchmarks, analytics and data to the capital and commodity markets worldwide. The Company’s divisions include S&P Global Ratings, S&P Global Market Intelligence, S&P Dow Jones Indices and S&P Global Platts. S&P Global has approximately, 20,000 employees in 31 countries.