Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Conducts, evaluate and summarize Conflicts Search. If with conflict, prepares clearancerequest and send it to the partner for review.
2. Prepares Engagement/Assignment Letter.
3. Draft Manila Intake Form (MIF) application form for partner's review.
4. Prepares and reviews Partner Activation and Office Submit (Intapp Open).
5. Prepares Matter Name Change if needed or as requested by the partner.
6. Update/Upload signed Engagement Letter at Intapp Open once they received the signedletter from the client.
7. Prepares Powerpoint Presentations as requested by the lawyers.
8. Receives and sorts all incoming pleadings, filed pleadings, letters, memos, reports andother correspondences from different B&M offices and/or clients for information, review andapproval of lawyers.
9. Encodes/ prepares/ prints/ scans / proofreads documents and correspondences.
10. Monitors, screens all visitors and incoming/ outgoing calls and mails.
11. Handles travel arrangements of lawyers including bookings, visa requirements, passportrenewal and travel-related requests for payment.
12. Arranges for appointments, meetings and teleconferences of lawyers.
13. Handles all preparations before, during and after meetings such as:
- Reserving meeting rooms, car and other resources needed for meetings via theResource Booking System.
- Sending out invites for telephone conferences to lawyers and clients.
- Preparing materials for lawyers' meetings.
14. Prepares expense reports/medical reimbursement for lawyers.
15. Assists lawyers for files needed from the Central Files and Library needs. Files documentsin satellite files when needed.
16. Prepares DRCP, messengers' dispatch slips, courier request forms.
17. Files pleadings in various courts. Organize case folders, collates, and reproduces annexesfor pleadings. (Depending on PG Requirement)
18. Replenishes and ensures adequate amount of office supplies.
19. Prepares payment requisition for lawyers’ club memberships, conferences/ seminars, etc.
20. Handles payment of lawyers’ personal bills, makes deposits to and withdrawals fromlawyers’ bank accounts and does other errands for lawyers.
21. Update QT contacts database of the lawyers being supported.
22. A strategic liaison working with fellow PBS colleagues including End to End (E2E) servicesteams, in market colleagues and specialist teams who deliver services for the execution oftasks
23. Coordinates, prioritises and delivers work across service teams within tight deadlines
24. Commercially aware, proactive and has a service-focused approach
25. Skillful in new technology such as iManage, BCI, ServiceNow, Intapp, etc.
26. Performs other related duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Work Arrangement - On Site 5 days a week
- Bachelor's degree graduate in Business Administration / Political Science / Liberal Arts
- At least two (2) years’ work experience performing secretarial or administrative work
Skills / Competencies Required
- With fundamental knowledge pertaining to office administration or secretarial management
- With excellent customer service orientation
- Able to communicate effectively (both oral and written
- Applies good judgment
- Emotionally intelligent who is able to build relationships both internally and externally
- Able to think critically and has outstanding problem solving skills
- Proactive and engaged in personal development (ofthemselves and others across their network)
- Able to organize multiple tasks and manage time
- Able to work under pressure and with minimum supervision
- Able to write /draft reports, memos and other related documents
- Able to do basic research skills with an eye for details
- Able to sort, index, categorize, order, manipulate and organize information/data/documents
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft (MS) software (i.e. Windows, Word, Excel and Outlook) and databases to manage voluminous data
Perks and Benefits
- Retirement Benefit Plans
- Special Leave Benefits for Women
- Single Parent Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Paid Sick Leave
- Performance Bonus
- Paid Bereavement/Family Leave
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, or Vision Plans
- Organizing and Planning
- Attention to Detail
- Time Management
- Critical Thinking
- Communication Skills
- Data Management
- Computer Literacy / Basic Computer Skills
About Quisumbing Torres
For more than five decades, we have helped top multinational and domestic companies drive their growth in the country. We provide global reach with deep local roots, delivering exceptional and effective legal advice and assistance to clients across borders seamlessly.
In 1963, the Firm was established as Collas and Guerrero, and later became known as Quisumbing Torres.
As part of Baker & McKenzie’s global network with more than 12,000 people in 77 offices in 47 countries, we offer market insight and international experience that few firms in the Philippines can match.
With our team of more than 50 Philippine lawyers, we are a full-service firm, advising clients in the Banking & Finance, Corporate & Commercial, Dispute Resolution, Employment, Immigration, Intellectual Property, and Tax practice areas. More specifically, we are able to deliver industry-specific advice on:
Aviation, Aerospace & Defense
Chemicals and Plastics
Construction & Building Materials
Consumer Goods & Retail
Energy & Utilities and Climate Change
Food & Beverage
Hotels, Resorts & Tourism
Manufacturing & Wholesale
Media & Entertainment
Mining & Metals
Oil, Gas & Petrochemicals
Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare
Real Estate (including REITs)
Services (including Outsourcing)
Transportation & Logistics