The office in charge of the financial management and accounting shall exercise general supervision of all the units and offices under it, the services and concerns of which pertain to fiscal management of the University and ensuring that financial needs of all offices are provided in accordance with pertinent laws, policies, rules and regulations. The director shall perform the following duties and responsibilities:
a. Assists the University President in the direction, supervision and control of all matters pertaining to financial generation, budgeting, utilization and reporting;
b. plans, directs, and coordinates the works of all offices and units under the office particularly through the heads of the Accounting Department, Budget Services Office, Fund Management Office, Resource Generation Office, and any other unit which may be created relative to the office functions;
c. Develops, recommends and implements policies related to financial affairs and budgetary control;
d. Reviews and appraises the soundness, adequacy, and expedient application of accounting, financial and operating policies, and controls the efficient management of University funds;
e. Submits regular/periodic reports required by higher authorities and/or external bodies; and
f. Performs other tasks that the President may assign.
- Master's degree or equivalent in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or a related field.
- 5 or more years of experience supervising the work of others.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills including the ability to effectively convey complex details or technical information.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines while delivering consistent, accurate and reliable work.
- Auditing and Compliance
- Financial Analysis
- Financial Reporting
- General Accounting
- Financial Statement Analysis
Licenses and Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant