As a SOC Engineer, you will help the clients to develop the SOC strategy. Primarily responsible for directing security event monitoring, management and response, and cyber intelligence. This role requires a strong understanding of the technical knowledge of current cyber security, network hardware, protocols, and standards required.
You can expect to:
- Ensuring compliance to policy, process, and procedure adherence and process improvisation to achieve operational objectives
- Revising and developing processes to strengthen the security operations framework, Review policies and highlight the challenges in managing SLAs
- Ensuring daily management, administration & maintenance of customer security devices to achieve operational effectiveness
- Ensuring threat management, threat modeling, identifying threat vectors and developing use cases for security monitoring.
- Creation of reports, dashboards, metrics for SOC operations and presentation to Senior Management.
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to the oversight of day-to-day operations of customer’s SOC, maturing processes and driving new innovations.
- The person will also be responsible for maintaining mature SOC management and methodologies for their practice areas.
- This role requires strong outstanding customer service skills capable of planning and executing to meet core objectives.
- As required, update Protective Monitoring/SOC documentation, processes and procedures and ensure currency.
- In addition, the candidate oversees driving the operational element of the guiding principles:
- Deliver quality security outcomes
- Drive efficient and timely operations
- Actualize continual improvement and innovation
- Protect the customer
Specific to this role:
- Bachelor’s Degree (S1) from college or university Information Technology, Information Security/Assurance, Engineering or similar area of study; at least 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- SOC Analyst Certification is highly desirable
- Minimum 1 year of experience
- Demonstrated understanding of Cyber Security and Networking required.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of current cyber security, network hardware, protocols, and standards required.
- High proficiency using security tools (Ethical Hacking, Penetration Test, Vulnerability Assessment, Malware Analysis, SIEM, SOAR, EDM)
- Strong Cyber Security knowledge
- Strong experience of Elastic Kibana, TheHive, Cortex, Nessus, OpenVAS, Metasploit, Intezer
- Proven ability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues required
- Proven ability to make decisions and perform complex problem-solving activities under pressure.
Type of person we’re looking for:
- Ability to analyze complex problems, interpret operational needs, and develop integrated, creative solutions
- Results oriented and ‘hands on’
- Highly organized, able to work independently and lead a team
- Business Acumen
- Able to thrive in a TUNA (Turbulent, Uncertain, Novel & Ambiguous) environment
- Able to manage own resilience and innovate to manage ambiguity and change
- Self motivated, self confident, stress resistant
Licenses and Certifications
- Certified Ethical Hacker