Involves direct assistance in all aspects of Quality Assurance and Quaity Control projects and activities.
- Facilitates the following:
- Inspection and quality assessment of incoming products and/or raw materials.
- Inspection and monitoring of unloading of incoming imported and local products and/or raw materials.
- Periodically inspects and reviews compliance to Good Manufacturing Practices and Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures.
- Periodically monitors cold storage temperature and reviews conformances to the product temperature requirements.
- Conducts sensory evaluation of peoducts and/or raw materials or stock on hand.
- Renders in capacity technical assistance to other departments such as Operations, Sales and Marketing, Purchasing, and Customer Relations as necessary.
- Facilitates periodic quuality assessments of non moving stocks.
- Monitors and evaluates income product returns.
- Facilitates generation of all QAQC reports.
- Renders assistance to the R&D for batch trial run of new processed products, experiments, and sample preparation for developmental items.
- Provides effective support in documentation of Quality System.
- Graduate of BS Food Technology, or any equivalent course.
- Preferably at least 1-2 years of experience in Quality Control.
- Strong analytical and planning skills.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Willing to work in Pasig City (office relocation on Q4)
Perks and Benefits
- Retirement Benefit Plans
- Special Leave Benefits for Women
- Single Parent Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Paid Sick Leave
- Employee Discounts
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
About Mida Food Distributors, Inc.
Mida Trade Ventures International Inc. and Mida Food Distributors Inc. was founded by Ms. Lourdes “Chingling” Tanco. With 25 years experience in the International Seafood Industry, Ms. Tanco gained her experience in the industry having worked with Singleton, the largest shrimp processing company in the US in the early 80’s. Mida Food is a direct importer and distributor of frozen seafood products. We vigilantly protect our market share and stock as many as 200 different varieties of seafood. We also ensure a consistent supply to our clients. With offices in the Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, Jakarta and Surabaya, we are certain to supply products of excellent quality. Our staff has been certified by the Aquaculture Certification Council, the certification arm for Best Agricultural Practices, to certify that facilities such as hatchery, farm and processing plants abide with Best Aquaculture practices. This includes aspects of responsible sustainable aquaculture. We attend industry trade shows and conferences in Asia, Europe and North America; and visit various seafood plants, restaurants and hyper marts in these regions to keep us current. Mida products are best quality products. We buy directly from producers and stock enough volume to ensure that our prices are competitive and stable. Our deliveries are prompt, and done in reefer vans which maintain products at a temperature of –15 degrees C during delivery. Mida Food products are fresh frozen in nitrogen, contact plate, or blast freezers at temperatures of at most –45 degrees Celsius, and only in plants certified to export to the US, Japan and Europe. Mida Trade was established to service US importers, processors and end users of seafood who wanted to import frozen seafood products from the Far East. Mida Trade also provided assistance to processor-exporters of seafood in the Far East who wanted to expand their markets outside of Japan. Since then Mida has expanded its range of business to include Europe, Australia, and other markets in Asia.