Media Meter is a technology company that tracks mentions across thousands of media channels including newspapers, magazines, radio, TV, blogs, and social media. For us, it’s all about helping organizations understand what is happening in their world so that they can build more effective communications strategies. We do this by revealing conversations about issues and brands in the media, extracting insights from these conversations so that organizations can build strategies around them.
Is the role right for you?
As a Jr Data Engineer, you will be part of the data collection team that creates and maintains a scraping system. As a developer, your duties may include designing and developing the system, selecting appropriate scraping tools, writing efficient scraping scripts, monitoring and maintaining the system, ensuring data quality and integrity.
What are your responsibilities?
- Document website analysis processes and metrics in order to help programmers iterate data scraping algorithms
- Designing and developing efficient and scalable algorithm to scrape data from various websites
- Develop and maintain scripts for automation of tasks related to data processing and analysis
- Extracting, transforming, and loading (ETL) data from different sources to enable data analysis and reporting.
- Build and maintain data processing infrastructure
- Continuously improve data quality and automation processes
- Produce and exhibit reports that give a comprehensive overview of the status of your tasks and how much progress has been made on them
What kinds of opportunities are on offer?
We believe that the power to learn new things is the one of the most important skills anyone can ever have. Given enough persistence and grit, as a part of our data collection team, you will
- You will become extremely knowledgeable in scraping system and become good at automating processes
- Become proficient in programming languages such as Python
- Gain an understanding of how to design big data delivery platforms and scalable scraping system
Are you right for the role?
We’re looking for people who have an obsessive passion for learning. We don’t care if you are young or old, or even if you have a degree. But we care that you are a passionate programmer with a gnawing hunger for learning new things. As a big data company, we live to hoard information and we expect our people to have the same drive when it comes to learning. For this particular role, if you can offer the stuff (below), you might want to apply.
- Familiarity with database management systems such as MySQL or MongoDB
- Basic understanding of Linux OS is a plus
- Strong problem-solving skills
- The ability to communicate directly with peers and managers while leading development to a completed and successful solution
- Familiarity with data modeling and schema design principles.
What can you expect from us?
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- A dynamic work environment with opportunities for growth and advancement.
- A supportive and collaborative team that values your input and expertise.
- Access to the latest tools and technology.
- Ongoing training and development opportunities to help you reach your full potential.
- A supportive and collaborative work environment.
- Regular team events and a culture that values work-life balance
Elevate your career with us and enjoy a comprehensive benefits package. Upon regularization, you'll have access to an HMO for your immediate healthcare needs. We take your health a step further by providing an exclusive HMO Health Card via Medicard. Our commitment extends to government-mandated benefits, including SSS, PhilHealth, and Pag-ibig, reinforcing your financial stability. To acknowledge your hard work and dedication, we proudly offer a 13th-month pay, adding an extra layer of recognition for your contributions.
Perks and Benefits
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Maternity & Paternity Leave