Media Meter is a technology company that tracks mentions across thousands of media channels including newspapers, magazines, radio, TV, blogs, and social media. For us, it’s all about helping organizations understand what is happening in their world so that they can build more effective communications strategies. We do this by revealing conversations about issues and brands in the media, extracting insights from these conversations so that organizations can build strategies around them.
Is the role right for you?
As a media analyst, you are responsible for building a database of media publications across the globe and curating them according to topic categories, political standing and viewership. In this output-driven role, you will be coordinating people and processes to deliver projects on time, within budget, and with the desired outcomes aligned to objectives. Your responsibilities include:
- Maintaining and updating databases of content publishing websites, including news websites and blogs, authors, journalists, influencers, and other opinion makers
- Annotating database entries with relevant information including URLs, social media profiles, and other data points
- Identifying the general profile of a publication through careful online curation
- Ensuring that weekly targets are met
- Collaborating with media monitoring partners to develop more effective tools for research and analysis
- Presenting project updates
- Implementing and managing changes to achieve project results
- Conducting evaluation and assessment of results
What kind of support can I expect?
As a media analyst, you will be given resources and data analytics tools that would help you source a wide range of media that are relevant to your projects. You will also be supported by the research and development team to help you improve data acquisition and management so you continuously build and maintain a rich database of curated publications.
How about the package?
Our basic salary band for this position is from P18,000 to P25,000 a month. This is a full-time position. Upon regularization, benefits include:
- Mobile allowance
- Transportation allowance
- Intellicare HMO membership
Are you right for the role?
You should have project management experience with software projects. You would ideally have managed projects related to software product development. We’re looking for someone who...
- Minimum Qualifications
- Has a bachelor’s degree from a college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Has sufficient awareness of social and political issues
- Has good research and analytical skills
- Possesses proficient English communication skills
- Pays keen attention to detail
- Expresses strong willingness to learn
- Enjoys working with a team
- Background in journalism, communications research, media studies or similar fields
- Familiarity with mass media and social media
- Has strong computer-related skills, especially in Microsoft Excel
Perks and Benefits
- Work from Home
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Advertising Management
- Mass Communication