SUMMARY / PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
From deploying to new geographies to building next-generation products, and taking the microservices journey, there’s no better time to join a vibrant team already strong of several world-class software engineers. As a Software Engineer at Shippit, you are responsible for participating in the development of product features through all the phases of the software development cycle, working alongside one of our Product Managers and more senior engineers. As part of the engineering team, you will have a direct impact on our customers. Our cross-functional teams own new features, maintenance, and monitoring in their business area, shipping code several times a day.
Our current tech stack includes Ruby on Rails, Node, Typescript, JQuery, React, Graphql API, AWS, microservices, Kafka, and Kubernetes. We don’t mind if you’re not awesome at all of these, but you are at least keen to work on some of the tech in our stack.
- Design, code, and test solutions for the Shippit platform and new products
- Taking substantial features from concept to shipping
- Work in a cross-functional team with a Product Manager and Designers as well as other internal teams to make decisions as a team
- Work in an agile team that is not afraid to identify what we’re doing wrong so we can fix it
- Provide material feedback and coach junior engineers
- Understand the technical and business larger picture around your work
- Proactively suggest and apply small corrective actions on the existing codebases
Strategic Thinking & Problem Solving:
- Broad, generalist knowledge of core elements or concepts within their role.
- Focus on learning existing tools, resources and processes.
Delivery & Results:
- Develops their productivity skills by learning and refining their working style and time management.
- Capable of taking well-defined sub-tasks and completing them.
Teaming & Communications:
- Effective in communicating progress to the team.
- Effectively involves others to progress work.
- Asks for and accepts feedback graciously; eager to find ways to improve.
- Escalates issues as needed.
- Strong problem-solving capabilities
- Eager to learn from and share knowledge with others
- OOP knowledge
- Excited to work closely with product, design, and users with empathy and kindness
- Basic modelling skills. e.g. given a real-world problem, you will have the ability to model things, concepts into objects and establish relationships effectively among them with appropriate attributes.
- A very positive attitude towards learning and getting your hands dirty where help is required.
Perks and Benefits
- Work from Home