At SMD Designer Boot Camp, Interns are treated as an actual employee fulfilling tasks that will allow them to gain experience and harness their skills as UX/UI Designers.
Design Interns will be participating through shadowing and will be given opportunities to lead actual projects. These tasks that will be given to them will cover end-to-end design process from discovery up to delivery.
- Interns will participate in regular design / project kick-offs (Sprint Planning) where we discuss upcoming priorities identifying User Needs and Business problems to address. Interns will participate in stakeholders interviews and discussions t o define challenges and user pain points.
- Together with our lead designers, Interns will participate in user interviews and generative research to gain more understanding about our users and personas. Interns will collaborate with lead designers in crafting a research plans that will be used during discovery phase. During research activities and interviews, Interns will be asked to record insights through note taking.
- From time to time, interns will be asked to prepare tools and materials and other requirements needed for the interview ahead of time. (I.e Scheduling of participants, preparing prototypes, preparing the guide questions, ensuring recording materials is working).
- Interns will also be instrumental in synthesizing all raw interview data and translating into design insights and strategies. This means rewatching/listening recordings and telling the story to the rest of the team.
Ideation and Design 🎨
- Interns will be heavily involved in ideating design solutions to business and user problems that is backed by insights from research and interview.
- Design solutions will then be translated to a tangible product. Interns will be involved in translating ideas into user flows, wireframes, scenario maps and design prototypes using Figma.
- Interns together with their design leads will regularly align with the rest of the team to present their gathered insights, design solutions and mock-ups.****
Validating the design 🧐
Interns will be participating in various design validations through usability testings. Interns will help prepare test plans, test scenarios and clickable prototype to ensure seamless usability testings.
Packaging the Designs 🎁
Interns will assist lead designers in packaging the design solution by creating Positive and Negative scenarios flow on Figma, snsuring all icons and illustrations are exported / exportable, creating acceptance criteria and creating content dictionary. This will make handover to developers seamless.
UX Design Boot camp will run for a duration of 6 months. During the duration of the internship, Interns will be partnered with design leads. Each intern will be evaluated based on their performance and their outputs. Design leads will give feedback on their performance every 2 weeks (at the end of the sprint).
- We'd love to see your creative side. Please include a link to your portfolio of UI/UXweb/mobile/graphic app design.
- Adobe Illustrator
- Illustration (Digital)
- Graphic Design
- Web Design
- Job Level
- Internship / OJT
- Job Category
- Media and Creatives
- Educational Requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Once in a while
- Office Address
- Regina Building, Escolta Street, Binondo, Manila, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Information Technology / IT
- 3 openings