Junior Systems Administrator
- Makati, PhilippinesUnit 301, Unit 301, 916 Arnaiz Ave, Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines, Makati, Metro Manila, PhilippinesMakatiMetro ManilaPhilippines
- 20,000.00 - 25,000.00 PHP / monthPHP20,000.0025,000.0020,000.00MONTH
- Full time
Our office is looking for a young, driven and self-motivated Junior Systems Administrator who ensures the upkeep, configuration, and reliable operation of client computer systems, servers, and data security systems. The successful candidate should be able to perform tasks essential for the continued running of IT operations, to prevent problems and improve systems’ performance, and to keep the company’s network safe and running efficiently.
- Reports directly to the Project Manager or CEO.
- Performs daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems, and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs (i.e. backups, diagnostics, etc.).
- Performs regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusion.
- Performs daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off-site as necessary.
- Performs regular file archiving and purging of old and outdated data as necessary.
- Creates, changes, and deletes user accounts per request.
- Provides other support services per request from various parties. Investigates and troubleshoots issues.
- Repairs and recovers data from hardware or software failures. Coordinates and communicates with affected parties.
- Recommends innovative and possible automated approaches for system administration tasks.
- Briefs or educates other employees about technical terminologies or concepts that they are not familiar with. Updates training manuals regularly. Provides advice and recommends actions involving complex issues.
- Willing to work on evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advance notice.
- Performs other tasks as required by supervisor and management.
- Must be graduating student/fresh graduate from any reputed universities and colleges, preferably with Computer Science, Computer Engineering and Information Technology courses.
- Tech-savvy and proficient in using the following platforms: G Suite, Google Spreadsheet, Asana, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Office 365, Windows 10 Pro, and Chrome OS.
- Familiar with standard operating procedures in corporate IT, particularly in the areas of security, networking, workstation management, etc.
- Proven experience working with open source systems, computer network systems, admin database, and systems security.
- Good background with managing systems such as:
- Managed services integration or applet experience using platforms such as IFTTT, Zapier, etc.
- Operating systems (Chrome OS, Linux, Unix, custom Android ROM, Chromium, Mac OS, Windows 10, etc.)
- Managed services, user management systems and related policies (G Suite, Office 365, Adobe Creative System, etc.)
- Other services and platforms (Squarespace, Asana, Slack, TSheets, Quickbooks, Wix, etc.)
- Must be a dynamic multi-tasker to perform various tasks in ever-changing needs and priorities.
- Should have superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Fast-learner, quick on their feet, and willing to be trained.
- Must be amenable working on shifting schedules.
- Willing to work or relocate to Makati City.
Perks and Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Special Leave Benefits for Women
- Employee Discounts
- Mobile Phone Discount
- Transportation Allowances
- Company Car
- Free Lunch or Snacks
- Performance Bonus
- Computer Networking
- Computer maintenance
- Computer Repair
- Computer Troubleshooting
- Computer Technician
- Computer Hardware Troubleshooting
- Computer System Administration
- Job level
- Entry Level / Junior, Apprentice
- Job category
- IT and Software
- Educational requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- Unit 301, 916 Arnaiz Ave, Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Information Technology / IT
- 230 openings
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.