The primary focus of this role will be to assist the Business Development Manager and Head to develop new business opportunities within the logistics and transportation, with the objective being to improve and grow the organization's market position and financial growth in the logistic industry. The incumbent will work closely with mid and senior level management to attain the target revenue goals set by the CEO. This position requires a thorough knowledge of the market, the solutions, and services the company and its competitors.
- Identify and qualify potential new customers in the assigned sales territory and turn this into increased business for the company.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with current and future clients to achieve or exceed revenue goals.
- Manage marketing data using applicable sales management systems and tools to maximize efficiency and analyze data/marketing activity on a weekly basis.
- Effectively present and discuss the services of the company to prospective clients in a way that conveys an image of quality, integrity and superior understanding and delivery of customer needs.
- Be familiar with the local marketplace and logistic trends and develop strategic sales plan that identifies prospects and customers.
- Planning and overseeing the integration of new business opportunities into our network in conjunction with our logistics operations and business solution teams.
- Liaise with Heads to formulate a sales strategy to fit with the seasonal requirements of the business.
- Develop quotations and proposals to be presented to potential new customers.
- Reviewing and increasing customer rates on an annual basis or as required.
- Collaborating with the team on sales goals, planning, and forecasting; maintaining short- and long-term business development plans
- Strategic business thinking for the expansion of the market approach, innovation, 4PL solution, total logistics solution.
- Close sales and achieve monthly, quarterly, and yearly performance goals.
- Study the market inclusive, but not limit of competitors, carriers, manufacturers to be updated market trends, fluctuation, and change.
- Protect the company benefit by strictly complying all policies and regulations.
- Communication and Working Relationship
- Reporting directly to the Business Development Manager and Business Solutions Directors.
- Frequent and interactive contacts with the customers, BSD & logistics operations team, and support services business functions.
Bachelor’s degree in Logistics & Supply Chain Management or equivalent
Experience, Skills, and Attributes
- At least 8 years hands-on experience in Logistics, Transportations & Freight Forwarding industry with exposure to sales and business development.
- With proven record of sales success in warehouse distributions, transportations, logistics and supply chains management.
- With existing customer base and an established network of contacts is a plus.
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple projects, and lead a team.
- Negotiation skills and the ability to use market data to educate customers.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Have good presentation and communication negotiation skills.
- Efficiency, time management, and organizational skills
- Must be self-motivated with a strong desire to succeed.
- Being enthusiastic, ambitious, confident, and professional
- Proficient in MS Office applications.
High Performance Behaviors
- Strong knowledge in the field of transport & logistics services to capture business opportunities and deliver excellent results.
- Strong analytical skills and fact-based business leadership capabilities support making the right decisions and their implementations.
- Ability to share high level of market intelligence and current logistics trends.