- Technical Drawings and Sketching:
- Create detailed technical drawings and sketches of garment designs, specifying measurements, proportions, and construction details.
- Develop flat sketches, color swatches, and other visuals to communicate design ideas effectively.
- Ensure that the designer's vision is translated into functional and manufacturable garments.
- Pattern Making:
- Develop and modify patterns for garments, ensuring they align with the designer's vision and are suitable for mass production.
- Make adjustments to patterns to achieve the desired fit and aesthetics.
- Fit Evaluation:
- Collaborate with designers and sample sewers to assess garment prototypes for fit, construction, and overall quality.
- Suggest modifications to improve fit, comfort, and appearance.
- Technical Specifications:
- Create detailed tech packs that include specifications for fabrics, trims, stitching, and construction methods.
- Ensure accuracy and consistency in technical documentation.
- Communication and Collaboration:
- Work closely with fashion designers, production teams, and vendors to convey technical requirements and resolve design and production issues.
- Participate in cross-functional meetings to ensure everyone is aligned on garment specifications.
- Quality Control:
- Implement and enforce quality control standards throughout the production process.
- Inspect samples and production runs to identify and address any issues related to construction, fit, or finishing.
- Material Selection:
- Assist in selecting appropriate fabrics, trims, and hardware for garments.
- Consider cost-effectiveness, durability, and aesthetics when making material choices.
- Research and Innovation:
- Stay updated on industry trends, new materials, and manufacturing techniques.
- Contribute to innovation and improvements in garment design and production processes.
- Cost Management:
- Collaborate with the production team to identify cost-saving opportunities without compromising on quality or design.
- Documentation and Record Keeping:
- Maintain accurate records of patterns, specifications, and revisions for future reference and archival purposes.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Fashion Design and Merchandising, Apparel Design, Clothing Technology or a related field.
- Proficiency in computer-aided design (CAD-) software and pattern-making software like LECTRA.
- Strong knowledge of garment construction techniques and fabric properties.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Attention to detail and a keen eye for quality.
- Problem-solving skills to address production issues.
- Time management skills to meet project deadlines.
- Job Level
- Entry Level / Junior, Apprentice
- Job Category
- Manufacturing and Production
- Educational Requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- Warehouse 19 & 20, Armal Compound II, M. Eusebio Avenue, Brgy. San Miguel Pasig City
- Fashion Retail
- no openings
About GINGERSNAPS (IL Coniglio Bianco Corporation)
GINGERSNAPS is the leading brand for children's wear apparel in the Philippines. From our modest beginnings in 1994 as a single corner in the department store, we have grown to 49 boutiques and 26 department store corners in prime establishments nationwide Today, we have boutiques and department store corners in Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia, and Saudi Arabia. We also distribute our products to several countries in a wholesale capacity. The next few years will see us bring our concepts to different regions from which we have been receiving numerous inquiries.