Technical API Support Officers
- Pasig, PhilippinesUnit 1902, Cityland 10 Tower 2, 154 H.V Dela Costa St. Corner Valero, Bel-air, Makati City, Pasig, Metro Manila, PhilippinesPasigMetro ManilaPhilippinesPhilippines
- Full time
Job Description - Overview:
The Technical API Support Officer will support the API-based open banking channel. The Support Officer will provide after sales technical support to API Developers and support the Portal/ Marketplace products and handle issues or inquiries raised by corporate API clients and consumers.
Key Job Functions and Duties:
- Receive API product-related issues and inquiries from API Consumers via email (and/or Viber messages).
- Provide a timely and accurate response/acknowledgement to the API Consumers upon receipt of the issue/inquiry.
- Request for the details from the API Consumer necessary to the investigation and resolution process.
- File a ticket to the ticketing system of the bank for proper documentation and monitoring.
- Investigate the nature of the issue or inquiry and assess the effort needed to confirm, resolve, and close the issue.
- Perform root cause analysis by checking and interpreting the API call logs, API database entries and by documenting the findings.
- Assess if there is a need to escalate the issue to Level 2 Support Units which includes Service Management, Database Administrators, Network Support, Core Product Technical Support, Core Product Operations, and Core Product Management Team.
- Escalate and communicate the issue to Level 2 Support Units along with the initial findings from the logs and database entries.
- Update the ticket with the escalation details and tagging of the issue.
- Monitor the aging rate of the ticket and follow up with the relevant Level 2 Support Units when necessary or as stated in the Service Level Agreement.
- Receive investigation findings, turn-around-time estimates, or resolution confirmation from Level 2 Support Units and update the ticket accordingly.
- Relay constant updates (findings, escalations, dependencies, timelines, resolution, etc.) to the client when necessary or as stated in the Service Level Agreement.
- Ensure that the agreed SLAs are met and strictly enforced.
- Actively monitor overall API transaction behavior and flag unusual trends (e.g. multiple/high failure rate, unusually low transaction volume, etc.)
- Relay timely advisories (such as scheduled system maintenance, network issues, core system downtimes) from the Level 2 Support Units to API Consumers via email or Viber messages.
- Report major issues or status updates to the API Product Team Point-Of-Contact.
- Conduct regular service review with the API Product Team to gauge customer satisfaction and identify areas for product or process improvements.
- Receive new product and client cascades from the API Product Team Point-Of-Contact.
- Capable of effectively handling client-facing engagements and support.
- Capable of effectively communicating with internal units to relay or escalate issues and concerns.
- Tracks problems logged and ensures that appropriate problem resolution has occurred and that system issues are addressed and communicated accordingly.
- Identifies and escalates to the appropriate resource, problems requiring urgent attention.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well within a support team.
- Good analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent research and problem diagnosis skills as well as ability to quickly obtain information to allow accurate and timely decisions.
- Broad technical background and work experience in a similar role
- Lead 6-8 years exp. Senior 6 years’ exp. Mid 4-6 years exp. And Junior 2-3 years exp.
- Level will be decided post interview
- Possesses technical knowledge and understanding of RESTful APIs and data formats such as JSON.
- Proficient in tools and scripts to access API source codes.
- Proficient in tools and scripts to access database entries (SQL).
- Proficient in tools and scripts to access log files and entries.
- Able to learn and grasp the components of the API Developer Portal/Marketplace such as the products and clients.
Qualifications and Accreditations:
- Bachelor’s Degree with a major in Computer Science, Information Systems
- The Support Officer will report to Fintech Group – API Product Team
- Job level
- Mid-Senior Level / Manager
- Job category
- IT and Software
- Educational requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- Cityland 10 Tower 2, 154 H.V Dela Costa St. Corner Valero, Bel-air, Makati City
- Staffing / Recruiting
- 10 openings
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.