- The main purpose is to handle settlement of securities, corporate actions, upliftment and lodgment of stocks, and maintain an inventory of securities
- Processes transfer of shares due for settlement from SCCP to PDTC and vice versa
- Coordinates with custodian banks, institutional clients, other brokers and executes EQTrade functions and updates BOSS accordingly
- Monitors and processes cash and stock dividends, stock rights declarations, IPO/FOO subscriptions, Tender Offer availment, and other Corporate Actions
- Processes lodgment and upliftment of securities
- Prepares certification of stockholdings and/or proxy forms for clients during stockholders’ meetings and for other purposes
- Monitors and maintains regular securities inventory
- Complies with internal and external policies and regulations
- Performs other responsibilities that may be assigned
- Education: College graduate of a four-year business course preferably in management, or at least two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience: 1-3 years experience in backroom operations and/or customer support
- Knowledge: Basic understanding of fundamental accounting principles and good understanding and knowledge of securities settlement and trading operations
- Skills: Must have good communication and interpersonal skills, be keen on details, and must have good computational and arithmetic skills
- Personality: Must be a team player and be able to work in a fast-paced environment. Must be flexible, organized, and systematic.
Perks and Benefits
- Retirement Benefit Plans
- Special Leave Benefits for Women
- Single Parent Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Paid Sick Leave
- Performance Bonus
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Analyzing Data
- Attention to Detail
- Billing and Invoicing
- Computer Literate / Basic Computer Skills
- Financial Management
- Business Administration [Business Economics]
- Job Level
- Entry Level / Junior, Apprentice
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Educational Requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Once in a while
- Office Address
- 18th Floor, PsBank Center, Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Financial Services
- 1 opening
About First Metro Securities Brokerage Corporation
FIRST METRO SECURITIES BROKERAGE COPORATION is a stockbrokerage house licensed to trade in the Philippine Stock Exchange.
Established in 1994, we have been a trusted provider of equity brokering services and solutions to individuals, public and private corporations and other financial institutions for over 20 years.
Our strong expertise in the stock market is backed by the strength and stability of FIRST METRO INVESTMENT CORPORATION, the leading investment bank in the country, and the METROBANK GROUP, one the Philippines' largest financial conglomerates.
We provide our clients with easy and convenient access to the listed securities in the stock market, either thru our state-of-the-art online trading platforms or with the assistance of our seasoned and knowledgeable equity brokers.
Our strategic alliances with highly regarded local and international economic and market research providers give our clients access to superior and reliable economic and market information, analysis and recommendation.
We are the market maker and one of the authorized participants of the country’s first and only Exchange-Traded Fund (ETF), the FIRST METRO PHILIPPINE EQUITY EXCHANGE TRADED FUND (FMETF), which tracks the performance of the PSE Index.
WE PUT PEOPLE FIRST.
We believe success happens when we put talented and passionate people together in an inspiring environment that supports teamwork and personal growth. That is why at FirstMetroSec, we put people first in everything that we do. We focus on attracting and nurturing top talent and providing them with a career that is fun, rewarding and engaging. We motivate people to perform at their very best through continuous training, advancement opportunities, a collaborative atmosphere and competitive pay and benefits packages. Our rapidly growing team is always on the lookout for people who are results-driven, energetic, team-oriented and customer-focused. If you have these qualities and can see yourself at FirstMetroSec, we would like to hear from you.