Tooling Machine Shop Manager
- 1 opening
- Preferred Educational Attainment
- Graduated from college
- 25 days ago
- Application deadline
- in a month
- Recruiter last seen
- 8 hours ago
- Staffing / Recruiting
- Employment Type
- Full time
- Office Address
- MEPZ 2, Cebu City, Philippines
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.
Education: At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
Experience: At least 2-years work experience in machining activities (lathe and conventional). At least 1-year supervisory function in machine shop.
- Strong technical knowledge in machining (metals and other materials), metals and machines (conventional and lathe)
- General technical knowledge on mechanics and assembly
- Proven data analyzing and reporting skills
- Ability to schedule job orders and work load in a timely manner
- Proven leadership/management skills (people, equipment, safety)
- Stock management experience (stock replenishment, inventory, safety limit)
- Vendor and supplier management experience
- Excellent communication and conflict management skills
- Ability to interact with various departments, internal clients and external suppliers/subcontractors
- Ability to manage and motivate a team of 10 technicians
- Proficient in MS Office programs (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Proactive and has initiative
- With problem-solving skills
- With a healthy level of curiosity and openness to learning new things
- Coordinates with the maintenance team for the maintenance of machine shop equipment and tools.
- Manages scheduling of job orders and work load.
- Coordinates with Operations and Engineering on machining/fabrication orders.
- Evaluates the time for fabrication, defines the BOM.
- Make sure that machining cycle times are respected and materials are used efficiently.
- Optimizes the costs of fabricated parts.
- Manages supply and inventory of raw materials and spare parts.
- Ensures timely completion of job orders and delivery parts or items.
- Maintains filing and documentation of all job orders including storage.
- Ensures quality of output of machined and fabricated parts or items.