Dexcom, Inc. empowers people to take control of diabetes through innovative continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) systems. Headquartered in San Diego, California, Dexcom has emerged as a leader of diabetes care technology. By listening to the needs of users, caregivers, and providers, Dexcom simplifies and improves diabetes management around the world.
This position is responsible for supporting US and Global competitive intelligence efforts for the organization. The responsibility includes market research projects design and execution in accordance with the competitive intelligence and company strategy. The position would span across all customer channels – patients, healthcare professionals, payers and partners. This position supports the development of strategic, cumulative and in-depth competitive intelligence data analysis, insights and recommendations to key functional stakeholders to drive informed decisions regarding strategies, plans, tactics and goals.
The Associate Marketing Research Manager has a working understanding of traditional primary and secondary competitive intelligence research methods and tools, has a passion for understanding the market or customer and representing their voice within the organization, is thriving in a high-paced cross-functional environment and finds a reward in supporting the commercial success of the organization. Ideally the candidate should have some experience with healthcare, pharmaceutical or medical device industries.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supports the Manager, Competitive Intelligence on all primary qualitative and quantitative competitive research, including market research, designing research methodology, analyzing data, and putting together summative reports (either personally or in conjunctions with other stakeholders).
- Executes various aspects of competitive research and overseeing any related administrative tasks (e.g., project proposal requests, vendor setup, invoice processing, document control, etc.).
- Analyzes structured and unstructured complex data from any combination of internal / external or syndicated / secondary sources to provide insight to decision-makers in support of primary competitive market research.
- Develops and presents clear storylines with insightful data and provides recommendations by integrating the data with existing team knowledge.
- Synthesizes information from disparate data sources into cohesive and concise story
- Identifies and interprets trends, themes and patterns in available datasets to locate influences.
- Drafts forecasts, recommendations and strategic/tactical plans based on business data and market knowledge.
- Organizes research findings for future reference with an efficient source guide for stakeholders.
- Collaborates and works cross-functionally to drive business results in a fast-paced environment.
- Creates specifications for reports and analysis based on business needs and required or available data elements.
- May provide consultation to users and lead cross-functional teams to address business issues.
- May directly produce datasets and reports for analysis using system reporting tools.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with quality standards and requirements as documented.
- Minimum of 5 years of market research experience (either on a corporate or vendor side).
- First-hand experience with quantitative and qualitative market research methodologies across new product, brand, advertising and customer service satisfaction areas.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills with high energy and executive presence
- Strong and proven experience in quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Ability to present data in a compelling visual / storytelling way
- Exceptional cross-functional collaboration
- Strong project management and excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Experience working with clients / stakeholders
- Self-starter, able to execute projects with minimal supervision
- Strong command of MS Office software (advanced user of PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint, and Visio)
- Demonstrate proficiency in using BI software (i.e., Tableau, Qlik, Looker, Power BI) to create reports and dashboards”
- Working knowledge of survey platforms (e.g. Qualtrics, SurveyMonkey, SurveyGizmo, QuestionPro, etc.)
- Experience in diabetes space, or healthcare / pharmaceutical / medical device industry
- Data visualization using data from Tableau Experience with syndicated and secondary research
- Experience with market sizing / opportunity assessment
- Knowledge of payer / insurance landscape in the US
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 – 8 years of related experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in market research, business, mathematics or the sciences.
- Up to 15%
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Dexcom. Only authorized staffing and recruiting agencies may use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes on specific requisitions. Dexcom does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to the Talent Acquisition team, Dexcom employees or any other company location. Dexcom is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.