Founded in 1999, Dexcom, Inc. provides continuous glucose monitoring technology to help patients and their clinicians better manage diabetes. Since our inception, we have focused on better outcomes for patients, caregivers, and clinicians by delivering solutions for people with diabetes - while empowering our community to take control of diabetes.
Our department is looking for a Data Informatics Analyst II who can work alongside a team to query and compile post-market product information to support ad-hoc data requests and periodically generate custom-formatted metrics to support business needs. The ideal candidate for this position is also able to present this data professionally and effectively to various departments within the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in various databases and with Business Intelligence to pull information from verified and validated sources to track and trend post-market product complaint data.
- Create charts, graphs, and other visualizations for inter-departmental communication of Post-Market Product Surveillance data.
- Must be able to present information in a way that is understandable for those not familiar with the data.
- Work with various departments to provide data relevant to their business processes and data needs.
- Assists in monitoring post-market product complaint data to identify potential product performance issues for elevation.
- Supports the execution of daily/weekly/monthly metrics to Management team to monitor department performance.
- In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
- Ability to work in an environment with multiple short-term deadlines, frequent interruptions and changing priorities.
- Perform due diligence information gathering.
- Assist in Identifying product issues and escalate them as appropriate.
- Support the data team to ensure that communicated goals and objectives are achieved or exceeded.
- Assist in executing projects that further the improvement and efficiency of the department.
- Strong SQL programming skills.
- Experience working with relational databases and/or distributed computing platforms, and their query interfaces, such as SQL, Snowflake, and GCP BigQuery
- Data mining experience with Python, pandas, or SQL databases.
- Data visualization experience with Python visualization libraries, Tableau, Power BI, or similar.
- Experience with GitHub or similar version control software.
- Excellent troubleshooting abilities and skills to analyze data problems and propose solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with a proven ability to translate complex methodologies and analytical results to business insights.
- Experience in requirements gathering, writing functional specifications, process and use case modeling, and data mapping.
- Ability to interface well with cross-functional teammates.
- Preferred degrees: CIS, MIS, IT or other technical related major.
- 2+ years of experience with Tableau.
- Experience working with GCP BigQuery
- Experience in the field of diabetes.
- Experience with system integrations.
- Typically requires a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2-4 years of previous experience.
- 0 – 24%
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Dexcom. Only authorized staffing and recruiting agencies may use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes on specific requisitions. Dexcom does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to the Talent Acquisition team, Dexcom employees or any other company location. Dexcom is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.