Founded in 1999, Dexcom, Inc., develops and markets Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) systems for ambulatory use by people with diabetes and by healthcare providers for the treatment of people with diabetes. The company is the leader in transforming diabetes care and management by providing CGM technology to help patients and healthcare professionals better manage diabetes. Since the company’s inception, Dexcom has focused on better outcomes for patients, caregivers, and clinicians by delivering solutions that are best in class - while empowering the community to take control of diabetes. Dexcom reported full-year 2022 revenues of $2.9B, a growth of 18% over 2021. Headquartered in San Diego, California, with additional offices in the Americas, Europe, and Asia Pacific, the company employs over 8,000 people worldwide.
- The Senior Desktop Support Engineer will report to the IT Manager and work closely with the IT team to provide excellent technical support to end-users.
- To support daily technical support activities for desktop, data, and server management
- To set up and test desktop computer peripherals
- To perform the system changes adhered to organizational policies
- Provide hands-on support for desktop, laptop, and mobile devices, including installation, configuration, and troubleshooting.
Conduct remote desktop troubleshooting to end-users along with documentation ticket maintenance
- Maintain technical documentation in association with other functional departments
- To succeed in this field, you must have the required experience with the Windows operating system, antivirus knowledge, Microsoft active directory, cloud computing, and peripheral devices.
- Possessing a customer-oriented mindset will help you solve client issues and ensure client satisfaction.
- Staying up to date with new technologies and industry trends to enhance technical skills.
- The Desktop Engineer's primary responsibility is to manage and maintain end-users’ desktop experience.
- The Desktop Engineer creates operating system images, performs operating system upgrades and software patches, deploys applications, and assists in maintenance of the MECM/SCCM infrastructure.
- The Engineer will have a broad knowledge of Windows Desktop operating systems to include design considerations for desktop and laptop.
- The Desktop Engineer will also assist in resolving tier-3 support incidents and documents, maintains, and improves standardized processes around desktop management.
- This person must exhibit task and time management skills, oral and written communication skills, technical expertise, and dedication to resolve problems effectively.
- Job requires the performance of work in accordance with standard practice, which enables the employee to proceed with reference to only questionable cases to the supervisor.
- Assignments are moderately complex in nature where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required.
Information exchanged may require diplomacy and tact.
- Normally receives little instruction on daily work, general instructions on newly introduced assignments.
- Nature of decisions demands a consistent accuracy as errors may cause some serious delay, waste of materials or loss of time due to rework or checking revised output.
- Incident Management and Service - Request Fulfillment
- Onsite-IT activities exposure
- Asset Inventory Management
- VIP Handling
- Proper email etiquette
- Mentoring and Team-engagement
Experience and Education:
- At least 5 years of experience on managing system endpoints using Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (MECM/SCCM)
- At least 5 years of experience in a desktop support role, with a focus on Level 3 support.
- Strong technical skills in Windows and Mac operating systems, desktop hardware, and mobile devices.
Experience with Active Directory and Office 365.
- Advanced knowledge on working with Windows Client imaging and application packaging deployment
- Working experience with Intune mobile device management and deployment (MDM)
- Ability to install, configure & maintain Windows 10 system
- Advanced skill to diagnose and troubleshoot Windows-related issues
- Ability to automate tasks using PowerShell, VB and batch scripting, configure Registry and group policy management
- Experience in using ServiceNow and JIRA
- Ability to troubleshoot and interpret system logs
- Provide support for projects
- Good communication and documentation skills
- BS Computer Science or related field
- Microsoft Certification is an advantage
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Dexcom. Only authorized staffing and recruiting agencies may use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes on specific requisitions. Dexcom does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to the Talent Acquisition team, Dexcom employees or any other company location. Dexcom is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.