Big Data Solutions Architect
- Makati, PhilippinesValero St., Salcedo Village, Makati City, Makati, Metro Manila, PhilippinesMakatiMetro ManilaPhilippines
- Full time
The Big Data Solutions Architect is responsible for big data architecture, programming, implementation and support of various big data projects.
- Develop the technology and information vision, strategy and architecture to support a specific technology discipline, ensuring that the architecture meets the business and enterprise technology strategy and architecture requirements.
- Understand customer requirements and render those as architectural models that will operate at large scale and high performance.
- Manage the overall development and implementation plan for architecture components and services including but not limited to master data management, ETL, information analytics, big data, business intelligence and metadata management.
- Benchmark systems, analyze system bottlenecks and propose solutions to eliminate them.
- Document use cases, solutions and recommendations.
- Assist project managers in the design, planning and governance of implementing projects of any kind;
- Perform detailed analysis of business problems and technical environments and use this in designing the solution;
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's/College Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology, Science & Technology or equivalent.
- At least 5+ year(s) working experience in IT delivery and architecture, project management, business analysis, IT planning and design
- Knowledgeable in data warehousing, data administration, data platform integration, data flow design and data mapping
- Knowledgeable in information systems design, information insight generation, information visualization
- Experience in designing solutions for multiple large data warehouses with a good understanding of cluster and parallel architecture
- Experience with big data tools and technologies such as Hadoop, Spark an advantage
- Track record of implementing Big Data (Hadoop or Cloudera) in a variety of business an advantage
- Experience in Unix/Linux, shell scripting
- Experience in working with ETL tools such as Informatica, Talend etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills a must
- Ability to understand complex business requirements and render them as prototype systems
- Ability to lead people, projects or operations; foster teamwork and collaboration
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and client facing skills
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to work in fast changing environment
- Information Technology
- Computer Science
- Computer Engineering
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.