About the Job
- The Data Analyst is responsible for designing and writing SQL queries to perform analytics.
- Generate tailor-made bulk data.
- They would also analyze customer requirements for feasibility and complexity
ImportGenius is the pioneer company in data analytics for the global import/export industry. Our trade data is used by import/export businesses the world over to gain an advantage over their competitors. The insights we produce using our trade data have been used by analysts and journalists to predict the iPhone launch even before the official announcement, track counterfeit money flowing into Venezuela, and most recently discover priceless antiques being smuggled out by Russian oligarchs.
At ImportGenius we are always finding ways to build tools that allow our customers to discover powerful insights from global trade data.
- 3-5 years of dedicated experience in a BI or Analytics role in a growing company with demonstrated success in planning and executing multi-step projects.
- Experience in intensive Data Cleaning and Quality Checking.
- Meaningful experience with Data Modeling and ELT.
- Strong SQL. At least 3 years of experience calculating metrics with group bys, case statements, window functions, and scripting (either CTEs, stored procedures, or python scripting).
- Must have excellent communication skills in English. Open to customer-facing aspects.
- You love customers and have a history of understanding their needs and providing solutions. You think of your teammates as customers too.
- Experience with applied statistics or mathematics is a plus
- Proficiency in Jupyter Notebooks / Google Colab / Pandas / Git / APIs is a plus
- Knowledge of the import-export industry is a big plus.
- Databases: Hundreds of millions of rows across a complex data model - MySQL, S3
- ELT: DMS, Athena, AWS Glue, Lambda, Data Pipeline
- BI: QuickSight
Perks and Benefits
- Work from Home
- Special Leave Benefits for Women
- Single Parent Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Bereavement/Family Leave
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, or Vision Plans