Responsible for assessing compliance risks and controls implemented by the different business units; Also responsible for performing risk assessments of ATRAM’s compliance risks; performing independent assurance activities (testing and ongoing monitoring) to assess the design and effectiveness of key controls designed to address compliance risk; reporting and escalating control issues and any violations of laws or breaches of policy; and validating adequacy of remediation taken to address reported issues.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement and execute compliance testing, continuous assurance, and reporting programs in accordance with the Compliance Program
- Perform periodic compliance testing on various processes covering all business units, and report results of compliance testing on a monthly basis.
- Monitor resolutions on exceptions noted from the compliance testing performed by closely coordinating with concerned business units.
- Execute compliance controls testing, transactional testing, or compliance controls monitoring activities based on pre-defined testing plan.
- Assist with development and updating of compliance program to ensure that all applicable regulations and controls are incorporated
- Obtain and understand regulatory issuances from various regulatory bodies, validate its applicability to different business units, and ensure timely dissemination to the concerned.
- Coordinate with concerned business in the performance of gap analysis on all applicable regulatory issuances to ensure ATRAM’s compliance to regulatory requirements within the prescribed period noted in the regulation.
- As needed, update compliance program to ensure appropriate compliance testing is in place.
- Participate in the planning, executing, and reporting of compliance assurance reviews and compliance and regulatory issue validation activities
- Coordinate with business units in the preparation of accurate and timely submission of all regulatory reports, including covered and suspicious transaction reporting.
- Be the point person for AML and FATCA matters by performing the following: comply with requirements issued by applicable regulatory bodies; engage various business units on required AML and FATCA reports; closely coordinate with IT on the AML and FATCA system requirements; devise processes to ensure suspicious transactions are captured and monitored; monitor compliance to AML and FATCA regulations by counterparties, third party providers and the like; and respond to requests and inquiries from counterparties pertaining to KYC information and documentation, including performance of AML and FATCA due diligence exercises; Maintain compliance awareness by conducting periodic training on AML, KYC, CDD, FATCA and related regulatory and company policies and procedures.
- At least on an annual basis, review all applicable manuals such as but not limited to AML.
- Manual, Compliance Manual, Employee Personal Investment Policy Manual, and incorporate. updates in regulatory requirements and changes in processes as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree; with experience in compliance, legal or other control-related function in the financial services industry, regulatory organization, or legal/consulting firm, or a combination thereof
- Knowledge of compliance laws, rules, regulations, risks and typologies
- Thorough knowledge of asset management products, economics and financial markets, and relevant rules and regulations
- Experience with risk and control principles including risk assessments, development of risks and controls matrices, processes and controls design assessments, controls operating effectiveness testing, transactional testing, and reporting activities
- Experience in planning, executing, and reporting on compliance testing reviews and regulatory issue validation activities
- Strong knowledge of business processes
- Strong analytical, interpersonal skills for building strong relationships with stakeholders and engaging teams
- Excellent documentation skills
- Adequate training skills
- Sound interpersonal relationship and communication skills
- Knowledge of computer applications such as MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.
- Self-starter, flexible, innovative and adaptive
- High level of integrity
- Knowledge of accounting and financial concepts, experience with bank accounting and financial statement analysis (highly preferred)
- Job Level
- Mid-Senior Level / Manager
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Educational Requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- 8 Rockwell Bldg., Hidalgo Drive, Rockwell Center, Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Asset Management
- 1 opening