The Accounting Associate is responsible for preparation and submission of appropriate financial documentation as part of the day to day execution of accounting tasks for segregated portfolios and funds and assists Accounting Manager as required.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares fair and complete financial statements that comply with generally accepted accounting principles, regulatory requirements and industry practices.
- Ensures timely and accurate NAV calculation for the various funds of ATRAM.
- Prepares applicable tax forms of the segregated portfolios and funds and ensures timely and accurate remittance to BIR
- Responsible for daily price uploads for daily market revaluation.
- Responsible for daily, monthly and quarterly client and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Assists in preparation and review of monthly fees and schedule of fees due, prepares fee billing to clients.
- Supports accounting team during financial audits.
- Complies with regulatory requirements, company and group policies; maintain compliance awareness
- Relevant educational qualifications, particularly a university degree in accountancy
- Must be a CPA
- At least 1 year of relevant work experience, particularly in accounting operations in banking or investments industry
- Knowledge of the banking and financial services industries and asset management products
- Knowledge of trust and investment regulations and asset management industry trends
- Efficient and thorough; strong attention to detail with the ability to multitask and prioritize in a deadline-driven environment; firm commitment on quality and excellence.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to develop relationships with multiple stakeholders throughout an organization
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Self-motivated, able to work independently in a relatively unstructured environment
- Proficiency with MS Office applications particularly MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word, as well as familiarity with trading systems (Bloomberg etc.)
- Knowledge of accounting and financial concepts, experience with bank accounting and financial statement analysis
- Well conversant with accounting standards (IFRS GAAP)
- Ability to identify and resolve potential issues / problems
- High level of integrity