Under the supervision of the Training Services Group Head, the Training Records Officer
manages and oversees the records management operations of the Center for Continuing Education (CCE) under the Ateneo Graduate School of Business, which includes its Student Information System. This position also handles and manages the Canvas for Continuing Education.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
I. Records and Document Management
- Serves as Records Custodian of the CCE, ensuring the stability, integrity, and accuracy of data in the participant database and records system, and that it follows the records management policy of the office and University data protection policies.
- Prepares needed reports/documents such as but not limited to participants list, attendance summaries, grades summary reports, certificates of participation/completion, diplomas, etc.
- Serves as Records Scheduler, working closely with internal (e.g., Sales and Marketing Group, Training Support Team, etc.) and external stakeholders in determining the release schedule of participant documents.
- Recommends and implements the most appropriate records management framework, policies, and procedures for the Center, and provides advice on recordkeeping issues.
- Ensures that the recording and documentation prepared by the Records and Operations Team are accurate and efficiently done.
- Monitors, tracks, and maintains statistical data and trends pertinent to records management.
II. Learning Management System (LMS) Management Support
- Facilitates the creation of SIS IDs of program participants in close coordination with internal units (e.g., Office of the Vice President for Digital and Information Technology Services [OVP-DITS], Program Sales team).
- Creates, updates, and monitors the Canvas monitoring sheet per program.
- Enrolls users to their specific Canvas course shells and make changes, as needed.
- Maintains and updates a centralized Canvas list as a reference for billing/payment.
- Assists in Canvas troubleshooting.
III. Administrative Support
- Works closely with OVP-DITS in proactively ensuring that the Center’s IT systems (e.g., CCETS, SIS, LMS) are secure and services are not disrupted.
- Participates and contributes to the improvement and implementation of existing and future IT-related requirements (e.g., CCE-CRM, etc.).
- Orients authorized individuals on the use of the databases.
- Assists in training courses, monitoring of equipment and classroom bookings, etc. when needed.
IV. Performs other duties as may be required by the Immediate Supervisor and/or
*JD may be subject to changes.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Records Management: Ability to apply and adapt records management standards and best practices effectively in the organization’s context; Keen attention to detail; Knowledge of archival practices and data privacy laws.
- Database Management: Ability to use knowledge of Management Information Systems (including LMS) to perform housekeeping and troubleshooting duties on the systems.
- Data Mapping and Analysis: Has the ability to determine the best way to map out data for the database, and analyze data to flag possible concerns.
- Organization and Prioritization of Work: Ability to effectively plan and coordinate the delivery of required outcomes, according to importance and urgency; Keen to details.
- Coordination Skills: Ability to proactively coordinate, mediate, and manage actions in relation to others.
- Communication Skills: Ability to articulate and clarify ideas (written and oral) tactfully and sensitively with all types of personalities and predispositions, identifying the information needed, and utilizing different media directed at different audiences/stakeholders.
- Service Orientation: Actively looks for ways to help and relate well with clients and partners—pleasing, warm, patient, and respectful in dealing with people.
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving: Ability to use sound judgment and initiative, develop options, and achieve outcomes.
- Technology Savvy: Ability to utilize information technology and computer and internet systems to accomplish tasks; Comfortable with exploring new technologies (e.g., MS Access, MS Excel, Canvas, Google Drive, etc).
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience