Expired in 2 months
- Managing and controlling all the company’s external suppliers with particular emphasis on the purchase of medicines, galenicals, consumers goods, and other supplies
- Establish strategic relationships with key suppliers who are aligned to the company's needs.
- Identify new suppliers, agree terms and negotiate supply agreements where appropriate, including discount structures and volume rebates.
- Continually improve purchasing methods and drive down external spend
- To carry out a comprehensive review of the Purchasing function and its methodology and identify and implement improvements
- Ensures to negotiate suppliers for better prices, terms and better service
- Sources for more suppliers, prioritizing the categories of products that require it most.
- Together with Purchasing Analysts, looks for and evaluates supplier deals. Makes recommendations accordingly to the Management.
- Analyzes the purchasing process and makes recommendations to the Management to improve its overall efficiency in sourcing quickly and effectively our requirements at lowest cost possible. Researches, develops and recommends purchasing procedures/manual.
- Keeps informed about news and changes in the industry, and gives feedback and recommendations accordingly to the management.
- Ensures to the Management the overall up-to-date accuracy of the supplier product and price information contained in our supplier tables. Regularly reviews margins for existing products and recommends price changes accordingly.
- Keeps informed, handles coordination requirements and troubleshoots possible problems with other departments (warehousing, inventory mgmt, Corporate Pharmacist, accounting…). Resolves pricing discrepancies and delivery problems.
- Assists in the evaluation of possible new items to carry. Makes sure that they can be sourced quickly once go signal is given.
- Provides regular reports to management regarding the overall performance of the purchasing department.
- Performs other tasks that the job may require.
A. EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor`s Degree of Industrial Engineering, Business Administration, Management or related field
- 5 years relevant experience in a warehouse management, supply chain management, inventory control, or materials management.
- Working knowledge and understanding of inventory management system.
- Advance knowledge on MS Excel, MS word, and other MS Office.
- Management aptitudes, leadership and communication skills
- Professional level of oral/written communication skills, negotiation skills, credibility, reliability in dealing with suppliers
- Strong leadership skills and proven experience in staff development
- Ability to take a proactive approach to overcome challenges and achieve results
- Versatile, tenacious and people orientated
- Result orientated and confident
- Proven appreciation of customer service expectations and cost demands of business
- Commercial and financial acumen
- Developing subordinates skills and competencies and defines development needs
- Sets priorities taking into account short and long-term needs of the business
- Problem-solving abilities and analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of principles, methods, and procedures of purchasing and inventory control
- Trustworthy and with strong negotiation, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Job level
- Mid-Senior Level / Manager
- Job category
- Supply Chain
- Educational requirement
- Graduated from college
- Recruiter response to application
- Once in a while
- Office Address
- LISP I Locators' Association, Inc. Administration Building, LISP I, Barangay Diezmo, Cabuyao, 4025 Laguna, Philippines
- 1 opening
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.
About Generika Drugstore
The Generika Drugstore is the pharmaceutical retailing arm of the Generika group, one of the pioneers in the distribution of quality generic medicines in the Philippines. As a subsidiary of Ayala Healthcare Holdings, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Ayala Corporation, Generika aims to be the leading national drugstore chain that provides quality affordable generic medicines with superior customer service and a strong sense of social purpose. With over six hundred (600) retail drugstores in the Philippines and backed by its strategic, long term partnership with Ayala Corporation, Generika seeks to help address the gaps in affordable retail healthcare and raise its level of efficiency and accessibility to serve Filipino families by providing a wide range of quality medicines at affordable prices.