The Junior Copywriter is responsible for creating and developing creative ideas and concepts, generating stand-alone copy, or text to complement visual concepts created by an art director across several digital platforms and marketing material, including but not limited to, social media, articles, videos, etc.
They are expected to have a passion for writing and storytelling, able to write interesting and engaging copy while adhering to the objectives of the project that is within the brief, and grammatically accurate.
The role involves using feedback from colleagues to sharpen writing skills and create finished pieces that attract and persuade, through written communication and storytelling.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Interpret project briefs to understand project requirements
- Conceptualize and execute strategically aligned ideas in the project assigned
- Collaborate with the team to conceptualize and develop creative campaigns or tactical material
- Write clear, attractive, engaging, and smart copy with a distinct voice
- Create entertaining, and engaging stories
- Edit and proofread copy
- Source images and other content to help tell their story, as necessary
- Attend presentations and shoots as necessary
- A team player with a collaborative spirit, willing and able to deliver beyond expectations.
- Must have a curious mind with an inquisitive nature and a broad range of interests.
- Must be a strong storyteller with sharp wit, and a good sense of humor.
- Detail-oriented, highly creative, and imaginative.
- Should have an interest in commerce, pop culture, and new advertising trends and techniques.
- Exceptional skill with the nuances of social media writing (lingo, hashtags, emojis, acronyms, etc.)
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Must be able to work independently with time management and organizational skills.
- Must have a positive work ethic.
- Must have significant writing experience
- Simultaneously manage multiple projects with short deadlines
- Job Level
- Entry Level / Junior, Apprentice
- Job Category
- Writing and Content
- Educational Requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- Ground Floor ELJ Building, ABS-CBN Compound, Mother Ignacia Avenue, 1100 Metro Manila, Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Entertainment / Film / News and Current Affairs / Public Service / Publishing / Digital, etc.
- 2 openings