The Network Engineering Head is responsible for the overall network strategy, architecture, design, and standards across all core network infrastructure including, but not limited to the global WAN/MAN/LAN, DNS/DHCP, data center networks, network security, remote access, Internet, voice and physical network infrastructure. Responsibility also includes all ABS-CBN IP Networks which extend to News, Broadcast and Corporate network infrastructures.
In addition, the role is accountable for the overall performance of the Enterprise IT Network ensuring risks are proactively mitigated and high availability and reliability are achieved. The candidate will drive compliance and promote operational excellence within the team. This position is also responsible for developing the overall network roadmap/modernization plans and providing cost optimization initiatives as well as process improvements.
- Own the strategy and develop technology roadmap for the Corporate Network Technology.
- Work with partners (internally/externally) to enable the business and provide best in class solutions.
- Supports ongoing initiatives such as Mobility program, WIAM implementation, IT Infrastructure improvements and Security initiatives.
- Intake of project / task requirements while understanding the customer’s perspective and to propose a solution that will clearly articulate and depict the technical concepts in business terms to the customer.
- Be responsible for maintaining both high-level and low-level interactions with multiple vendors and working closely with them on new features, future product developments and roadmaps.
- Evaluate and test new products and technologies.
- Implement telemetry tools and establish appropriate metrics needed to monitor and maintain established SLAs.
- Play a lead role in process improvements, automation strategy and tools development for day-2 operation and support.
- Provide advanced support and manage vendor relationships.
- Manages the network-related asset inventory and its associated lifecycle and ensure compliance to the strategy and requirements at optimal cost.
- Partners with the IT Planning and Security teams in upholding the policies and compliance to protect the enterprise infrastructure and systems.
- Monitors overall vendor performance in terms of compliance in contract deliverables and performance expectations and escalate discrepancies/concerns for resolution.
- Oversees the day-to-day operations and escalates major concerns in a timely manner.
- Establish mechanism to monitor and measure the overall performance of the team and network infrastructure.
- Drives measures to achieve operational excellence through implementation and use of appropriate monitoring tools and SLA improvements.
- Proactively mitigates risks through regular patch management, software upgrades and addressing vulnerabilities brought by obsolescence, redundancy gaps and/or security findings.
- Handles crisis (incidents, outages, performance issues) with urgency involving appropriate teams and partners to expedite resolution and ensuring stakeholders are properly informed with a Root-Cause Analysis (RCA).
- Drives Root-Cause Analysis to ensure that problems encountered are permanently resolved and will not recur.
- Review of operational efficiencies while achieving high availability, resiliency, and SLA objectives.
- Manages the support assignment and schedule to ensure necessary resources are available to render support at required times and venue.
- Provides regular performance report.
- Provides direction and guidance to the team in the day-to-day operations management as well as in putting the strategy and vision in execution.
- Provides mentoring, coaching and advise to maintain the expected performance level of each member in the team.
- Develop and retain knowledge and technical expertise within the team through training, shadowing, job immersion and other developmental methods.
- Forster camaraderie within and across teams to promote collaboration and teamwork.
- Maintains department specified mastery level certifications independently and as directed.
- Graduate of BS degree, preferably in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, or other related field
- 10+ years of experience in hands on design of network infrastructure for large enterprise networks and data centers
- Experience with high end Layer2 and Layer3 Switching platforms such as Cisco Nexus, Catalyst and Arista Networks
- Hands-on experience with Cisco IOS, NX-OS, IOS-XE, IOS-XR routers.
- Hands-on experience with Network segmentation and Endpoint security.
- Next-Generation Firewalls (NGFW) preferred (eg Fortinet, etc)
- Knowledge of Network Access Control and Zero Trust Network models
- Deep Understanding of various network protocols such as OSPF, BGP, MP-BGP, VRFs, MPLS, EVPN/VxLAN, QoS
- High level understanding of Datacenter Virtualization and virtualized workload mobility
- Advanced knowledge of Multicast
- Knowledge of F5 Load Balancers (physical and virtual)
- Python / Ansible and any relevant hands-on Network automation experience
- An understanding of Network monitoring, analysis, and management with tools such as DNA Center/Assurance/Spaces, Cisco Prime, Solarwinds, Arista Cloudvision, and/or other Network monitoring tools.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills
- Cisco Certified Network Associated (CCNA) required
- Other preferences:
- Public and Private cloud knowledge
- Proven project management skills
- Strong business knowledge and ability to work on planning and budgeting
- Experience working with Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) and/or Internetwork Expert (CCIE)
- Computer Networking
- Cisco Networking (CCNA)
Licenses and Certifications
- Cisco Certified Network Associate
- Information Technology
- Computer Science
- Electronics & Communications Engineering
- Job Level
- Mid-Senior Level / Manager
- Job Category
- IT and Software
- Educational Requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- Ground Floor ELJ Building, ABS-CBN Compound, Mother Ignacia Avenue, 1100 Metro Manila, Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Entertainment / Film / News and Current Affairs / Public Service / Publishing / Digital, etc.
- 1 opening