The position is responsible for ensuring the efficient and effective operation of all diesel engines and auxiliary machineries upon instructions of Operations Supervisor and in accordance with standard operating parameters.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares and checks all engines and auxiliary equipment for start-up procedures in accordance with work instructions to ensure that all standard operating parameters for start-up are met.
- Constantly coordinates with Control Room Engineer before start-up and during operation.
- Monitors all running engines by conducting routine inspection to ensure that no leaks, excessive vibration and other abnormality in all equipment.
- Conducts routine inspection, adjustments, minor corrections, top-up, and other routinary works in accordance to Original Equipment Manufacturer’s manual and Work Instructions.
- Stops the engine, if needed, for safety and emergency purposes.
- Executes the proper implementation of Permit To Work (PTW) in accordance to the Safety policy.
- Executes shutdown procedure as instructed by Control Room Engineer in accordance with shutdown work instructions
- Conducts or coordinates with service providers’ testing of the physical and chemical properties of the plant’s fuel, lube oil, process water, sludge, and other liquids that may be used in the plant
- Encodes the test results in the database. Monitor the deviations and important trending for corrective actions
- Ensures the proper operation and maintenance of all laboratory test instruments and equipment (i.e. calibration, periodic maintenance, replacement, and disposal).
- Performs turnover activities at the end of the shift to the incoming Control Room Engineer, specifically pertinent information on the condition and performance of engines and auxiliaries, abnormalities that occurred and special instructions received from superior during the shift.
- Performs fire-fighting and other emergency responsibilities as defined in the Emergency Response Plan.
- Reports any abnormalities to his/ her immediate supervisor.
- Supports and implements any Company-initiated programs.
- Performs other tasks that may be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Candidate must be a registered engineer (Mechanical, Chemical, Electronics and Communication, Electrical, or Marine Engineer)
- With relevant 1 – 2 years experience in O & M in a related industry is an advantage
- Experience in operation and maintenance of mechanical equipment, e.g. boiler, compressor, pumps
- Knowledge of basic power plant operation
- Knowledge in basic emergency response procedures
- Job Level
- Entry Level / Junior, Apprentice
- Job Category
- Architecture and Engineering
- Educational Requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Once in a while
- Office Address
- Santa Ana, Nasipit, Caraga, Philippines
- Oil / Energy / Solar / Greentech
- 1 opening