The Electrician is responsible in maintaining all electrical equipment such as generator, switchboard & substation; installs and repairs defective meters, checks-up exciter, automatic voltage regulator, relays, oil circuit breakers and other electrical devices; tests transformer oils; and checks dielectric strength.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspects/checks substation equipment, switchboards, and synchronous generators to determine its condition and defects using applicable electrical testing instruments.
- Records inspection findings and informs immediate superior for necessary actions.
- Reads and interprets plans, diagrams, drawings and specifications of assigned task.
- Installs and maintains metering devices, controls and accessories.
- Implements periodic electrical maintenance.
- Checks up power lighting & communication systems. Maintains electrical testing instruments. Does repair on electrical equipment; replaces busted lights and switches; maintains logbook of replaced and repaired equipment and submit reports to his immediate superior.
- Performs general fault-finding, diagnostic, and analysis services for electrical plant defects and failures to ensure that root causes of issues are identified and recurrences of the faults eliminated.
- Evaluates breakdown of electrical equipment, meters, motors and their performance; repair and recondition them for efficient use.
- During shutdown of turbine and generators, checks-up exciter, AVR and troubleshoot open windings.
- Checks substations and transmission lines, including transformers and other equipment therein.
Planning and Deployment
a. Assists in the development of asset management x tactics and plans for the generation system assets.
b. Implements electrical maintenance plans and tactics to deliver the high-level asset management strategies. c. Job plans and methodologies are developed and implemented for the various routine maintenance tasks.
Inventory & Supply
a. Identifies such goods, spares and materials as are required to maintain the control system assets and assists with the procurement process.
b. Ensures that all spares undergo acceptance inspection and testing to ensure that materials supplied are to specification and are fit for purpose.
- Collaboration with Mechanical Technician and immediate superior for implementation of Asset Management of the Plant
Other Related Tasks
- Complies with company policies and procedures, safety rules and practices. x
- Conforms to the company’s Integrated Management Systems, policies, standards, procedures and guidelines. x
- Reports any Integrated Management System events/incidents or potential events or other risks to the organization.
- Protects information assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference by: a. Storing documents, forms, contracts, manuals, books and other documents to locked storage rooms/steel cabinets. b. Maintaining confidentiality and integrity of all plant records necessary for operations.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time by immediate superior consistent with x the purpose of this role.
- At least technical/ vocational graduate
- License Must be a holder of TESDA National Certificate (NC) II related to Electrical
- Professional: At least two (2) years of work experience in electrical installation and maintenance, Preferably with knowledge on Programmable Logic Control, Protection System
- With knowledge in the Philippine Grid Code and Philippine Electrical
- 1 vacant position in Davao City
- Job Level
- Entry Level / Junior, Apprentice
- Job Category
- Architecture and Engineering
- Educational Requirement
- Completed vocational course
- Recruiter response to application
- Once in a while
- Office Address
- Talomo Pob., Davao City, Davao Region, Philippines
- Oil / Energy / Solar / Greentech
- 1 opening