The position is responsible for providing support in planning, designing, and implementing the asset management plans and policies relating to Turbines and their auxiliary equipment and controls. The post holder will provide support in Turbine (and auxiliary plant) inspections during overhauls, plant failure situations and optimizing the approach for the full range of maintenance philosophies at the plant sites. The post-holder is expected to contribute to the resolution of technical issues inhibiting flexible plant performance and in proposing plant improvement options.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contributes to overall efforts in enhancing and implementing asset management practices (such as Life Cycle Management Planning) on turbine and turbine auxiliary plants for long term integrity and cost optimization.
- Understands the capital investment process and undertakes necessary investment appraisal analysis. X Supports the site team in ensuring all necessary technical activities are incorporated within the outage programme
- Conduct planned inspections for quality assurance and review and approve QCPs
- Performs root cause analysis techniques to support the site teams in resolving difficult technical issues and to provide investigative expertise.
- Asset Health Monitoring and Performance of the responsible plant components by reviewing weekly reports and looking for anomalies and corroborating results. Develops a monthly asset health monitoring dashboards and reports with recommended corrective actions where anomalies are detected
- Ensures excellent standards are maintained during project implementation through appropriate policies and practical application on turbine and auxiliary plant. X Interfaces as necessary with the sites CMMS.
- Troubleshoots, maintains and repairs Turbine equipment and auxiliary plant.
- Proposes solutions and supports the resolution of difficult site issues whilst ensuring best practices.
- Ensures and reviews for appropriate application and enhancement of maintenance strategies and philosophies by utilising RCM/FMECA methodologies
- Produces concise technical reports and ensures their plant status change management control procedures are fully implemented on MOCs undertaken .
- Investigate and motivate for plant modification and play the role of Technical Lead in the Engineering Management of Changes with support of Coal BU Technical Expert as needed
- Lead the development and implementation of technical documents based on the Coal BU Engineering Policies
- Ensure engagement with the respective Coal BU Technical Expert for knowledge enhancement and development.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
- Licenses: Professional Institution Membership Desirable Evidence of Professional Competence essential
- At least 3 years of Turbine (& Auxiliaries) and 5 years power plant experience in O&M or Engineering/Technical Services
- Knowledge of Steam Turbine and auxiliaries
- Familiarity on steam turbine construction and rebuild techniques X Ability to interpret technical drawings and manuals
- Thorough understanding of Power Plant Technology
- Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Interpersonal multi-cultural skills
- Ability to share knowledge and coach site staff
- Administrative and Coordinating Skills
- Computer Skills and Proficiency in MS Office or similar software
- Job Level
- Associate / Supervisor
- Job Category
- Architecture and Engineering
- Educational Requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Once in a while
- Office Address
- Toril, Davao City, Davao Region, Philippines
- Oil / Energy / Solar / Greentech
- 1 opening