This position is responsible for providing day to day advice in the boiler and auxiliary plant area in support of operations and maintenance for the combined power plant assets.
Provide technical support in boiler and auxiliary plant during overhauls, plant failure situations and optimizing the approach for the full range of maintenance philosophies at the plant sites.
Contribute to the resolution of technical issues inhibiting flexible plant performance through RCA’s, CAR’s and proposing and implementing plant improvement options, reviewing and implementing management of change.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide sound, decisive and measured technical advice and support to the site O&M team to manage the boiler and auxiliary system reliability and efficiency.
- Actively identifies areas of improvement for boiler and auxiliary system performance.
- Supports technical services team in delivery of projects, outages, improvement, technical resolution of problems, and asset health monitoring for boiler and auxiliary system
- Optimization of technical and economical performance of the plant, (viz. Improvement of availability, reliability and maintainability of the plant where economically justifiable)
- Analysis of plant performance and conditions of the different plant components and systems
- Review and approve QCPs.
- Assist with the review of alarm response procedures
- Perform technical risk assessments of plant.
- Develops lifecycle management plans for boiler and auxiliary system by considering replacement, refurbishment, modifications and obsolescence that will be required during the planned life of the assets.
- Use the Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) process to develop the basis for identifying the critical assets, perform FMECA and prepares the maintenance strategies that define the maintenance activities for boilers and auxiliaries and ensure the uploading in CMMS.
- Development of optimized maintenance strategies and plans to assure the long-term integrity of the plant and spares including the technical plan.
- Conduct plant inspections for quality assurance and ensuring that statutory requirements are adhered to .
- Support the development and technical review of work instructions as requested.
- Consultation on abnormal/ out of specification operational and maintenance problems/defects.
- Ensures oversight of boiler and auxiliaries for operational limits and system operating without protection.
- Develop long term boiler risk based health indicators by monitoring current indicators and considering plant modification, maintenance effectiveness, technical developments, trends of overall system performance characteristics etc.
- Contribute in EMOC process for review and implementations for change, replacement in kind and modifications for boiler and auxiliaries as per the EMOC guidelines.
- Develop and maintain the framework for verifications and validation of relevant system modification, system interface requirements, system maintainability operability.
- Identify applicable standards and develop specifications for new and replacement equipment.
- Prepares outage scope and maintenance strategies for planned outages for boiler and auxiliaries based on asset risk, modifications, LCMP projects, performance improvements as per outage gate review guideline
- Define maintenance strategies and plans, including scope of work for long term plant outages
- Extends support to the site outage team to witness and sign off of QC hold points for boiler and auxiliary assets.
- Reviews and monitors overall outage activities for boiler and auxiliary assets and provides technical advice and support to the outage team to ensure reliable and effective execution of outage scopes.
- Lead/ Support investigations to determine root cause and corrective actions by ensuring quality deliverables in the required timeline.
- Deliver to complete the assigned corrective actions in the agreed timeline to achieve the departmental KPI’s.
- Execute/ extend support to assigned projects identified in LCMP, EMOC or other initiatives. Prepare scopes, tender specifications, perform technical evaluations and financial viability.
- Manage work progress, identify and investigate critical problem areas, initiate corrective actions.
- Verify that all project work is carried out in accordance with quality requirements. Investigate non-conformances and initiate / implement corrective actions.
- Coordinate testing and commissioning of modifications / plants and the acceptance / hand-over of projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience/education
- Registered Engineer
- Minimum 5 years of Boiler (and Auxiliary) ideally with a specialism in CFB technology
- Steam boilers and auxiliaries
- Properties of materials
- CFB Boilers (Conventional Boiler knowledge an advantage)
- Support Structures – external/internal
- Pressure Systems Requirements/Regulations
- Pipework and support structure including constant load supports
- Tube and support structures
- Waterside aspects
- Fireside aspects
- Headers and Tanks
- Pressure Relief Systems and Trevis Testing
- Fan Systems
- Ducting Systems
- Burner Systems
- Gas/Air Heaters
- Failure mechanism analysis and prevention
- Creep life management
- Coal Milling Plant knowledge an advantage
- Thorough understanding of Power Plant Technology
- Knowledge of boiler and auxiliary system performance parameters
- Ability to interpret technical drawings and manuals
- Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Interpersonal multi-cultural skills
- Ability to share knowledge and coach site staff
- Administrative and Coordinating Skills
- Computer Skills and Proficiency in MS Office or similar software
- Job Level
- Associate / Supervisor
- Job Category
- Architecture and Engineering
- Educational Requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Once in a while
- Office Address
- Davao City, Davao Region, Philippines
- Oil / Energy / Solar / Greentech
- 1 opening