The Electrical Maintenance Engineer is responsible for ensuring the efficiency of the electrical components of the grid such as transformers, generators, switchboards, lighting, and transmission lines.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspects the plants on a weekly basis to monitor stability or efficiency of the electrical system of the grid.
- Conducts ocular inspection of all electrical facilities to check for abnormalities. Reports abnormalities which requires shutdown to immediate superior for the implementation of maintenance work.
- Coordinates with electricians and linemen for clarifications, suggestions, and other concerns prior to the implementation of work orders.
- Ensures that monthly, quarterly, and annual maintenance inspections are conducted and corresponding checklists are duly accomplished.
- Coordinates with subordinates and departments concerned for major troubleshooting and repairs to avoid shutdowns or prolonged downtime.
- Implements on-the-spot corrections in cases of minor repairs. Reports all repairs conducted to immediate superior.
- Ensures the inventory of electrical equipment, devices, and materials including spares and requests for replenishment if necessary.
- Prepares and requests materials for maintenance works and other related activities.
- Create and/or prepare inputs for the annual budget. Ensure implementation of electrical activities within budget and timeline. Provides inputs and assists in the preparation of annual budget. Makes sure that all maintenance works are financially covered.
- Assists the Electrical Department in the testing of electrical equipment (e.g. transformers, generators, relays, breakers, and other components).
- Prepares monthly accomplishment reports for electrical maintenance activities in the grid and submits to Maintenance Supervisor.
- Monitors attendance and overtime of personnel and encodes their Daily Time Record for payroll purposes.
- Attends grid meetings and raises concerns of the electrical maintenance team for proper action.
- Responds to ISO requirements and Implements Hazard Identification, Risk Assessment and determination of Controls (ORMP)/Aspect Impact Assessment for mechanical maintenance activities in the grid. Updates ORMP form as needed.
- Identifies, recommends, and prepares budget or estimate annual electrical maintenance requirements
Other Related Tasks:
- Evaluates performance of subordinates on a periodic basis to determine performance level and areas for improvement.
- Complies with company policies and procedures, safety rules and practices.
- Conforms to the company’s Integrated Management Systems, policies, standards, procedures and guidelines.
- Reports any Integrated Management System events/incidents or potential events or other risks to the organization.
- Protects information assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference by:
- Storing documents, forms, contracts, manuals, books and other documents to locked storage rooms/steel cabinets.
- Maintaining confidentiality and integrity of all plant records necessary for operations.
- Performs any other related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time by immediate superior consistent with the purpose of this role.
- Must be a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
- Must be a Licensed Electrical Engineer
- At least one (1) year of related experience in electrical facilities in an industrial setting; preferably in Hydro Power industry
- At least six (6) months of Leadership experience
- With knowledge in the Philippine Grid Code and Philippine Electrical and Mechanical Code
- Knows basic Computer Science Programming
- SCADA and PLC knowledge is an advantage
- Knowledge with basic maintenance in transformers, generators, relays, breakers, and other components
- Preferably with basic knowledge of Project Management
- 1 vacant position available at Davao del Sur
- Job Level
- Entry Level / Junior, Apprentice
- Job Category
- Architecture and Engineering
- Educational Requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Once in a while
- Office Address
- Davao del Sur, Davao Region, Philippines
- Oil / Energy / Solar / Greentech
- 1 opening