Operations Sr. Manager | Toril, Davao City
Aboitiz Power Generation Group
- Davao City, PhilippinesToril, Davao City, Davao del Sur, PhilippinesDavao CityDavao del SurPhilippinesPhilippines
- Full timeFULL_TIME
The OPS Sr. Manager is responsible for the safe, efficient and reliable operation of the coal plant in accordance with Company policies, standards, and procedures and in compliance with applicable laws and regulations to safely and efficiently contribute in the attainment of the Company’s power generation objectives and targets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sets the Operations Department’s operational objectives and production targets in support of the Company’s strategic plans.
- Develops and implements the Department’s operating programs, defining over-all action plans, schedules, and responsibilities to achieve its objectives and targets. Systematically monitors and evaluates progress and status for management information and decision-making.
- Plans and coordinates the human, equipment, financial and other resources required to implement the Department’s operating programs.
- Directs and coordinates the implementation of prescribed operational policies, standards, and procedures as well as housekeeping measures, safety rules and regulations, and environmental laws to ensure proper compliance.
- Directs and coordinates the work of subordinates in the execution of the Department’s operating programs to achieve its objectives and power generation targets, making sure that responsibility and accountability for delegated work are clearly defined and understood.
- Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates operational performance, and implements improvements or corrective measures as needed to ensure optimum efficiency.
- Maintains current knowledge of new concepts, trends and methods on power plant operations and associated government laws and regulations to keep plant operations updated and operating in compliance at all times.
- Reviews, develops and/or revises plant procedures as well as emergency response procedures.
- Coordinates the development and implementation of a preventive, corrective, and emergency operating program to ensure safe, reliable, and efficient performance of all main and auxiliary equipment and machineries at all times.
- Coordinates the development and implementation of quality assurance and control programs and procedures to ensure boiler water, steam, and coal quality, as well as the quality of environmental parameters.
- Coordinates with pertinent regulatory government agencies, local government units, suppliers and contractors on matters affecting Plant operations.
- Participates in CSR and other external relations programs to promote the good image of the Company to the public.
- Keeps abreast with industrial updates through contacts with professional associations and other coal-handling and related utilities.
- Develops and/or implements the Department’s approved organizational chart to ensure effective and efficient work flow.
- Implements the company’s performance evaluation system as well as its career development program for the Department’s personnel.
- Coordinates the development and implementation of Training Programs and other interventions to improve job skills and enhance performance.
- Approves work/job orders and work schedules under the operations department.
- Prepares annual budget of the operations department and monitors monthly expenditure.
- Prepares, accomplishes and submits reportorial requirements such as progress, status and performance reports, financial reports and other relevant reports for management information and decision-making.
- Ensures operational safety of equipment and auxiliaries under the maintenance department.
- Implements and ensures strict compliance to safety, security, health and environmental policies.
- Bachelor’s Degree Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
- Registered Mechanical/Electrical Engineer
- At least 5 years experience in power generation plant operations
- At least 3 years experience as Operations Superintendent
- Knowledge in Coal-fired Power Plant Operations
- Knowledge of Safety and Environmental Laws and Regulations
- Operations Planning
- Leadership and Managerial Skills
- Analysis and Decision-Making Skills
- Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Computer Skills and use of MS Office or similar software
- Job Level
- Mid-Senior Level / Manager
- Job Category
- Architecture and Engineering
- Educational Requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Once in a while
- Office Address
- Toril, Davao City, Davao Region, Philippines
- Oil / Energy / Solar / Greentech
- 1 opening
About Aboitiz Power Generation Group
Aboitiz Power Corporation (AboitizPower, AP) is a leader in the Philippine Electric Power Industry with a portfolio of assets located across the country. It has several hydroelectric and geothermal assets in its generation portfolio and also has non-renewable power plants located across the country. This includes: - Hedcor, Inc. - Therma Luzon, Inc. - Therma South, Inc. - Therma Marine, Inc. - Therma Mobile, Inc. - East Asia Utilities Corp. - Cebu Private Power Corp. - AP Renewables, Inc. At AboitizPower, we thrive together to drive change for a better world. We are a PEOPLE-CENTRIC organization who provides growth OPPORTUNITIES on a professional and personal level. We shape a better future as we do purposeful WORK in an ENVIRONMENT that is culture-focused, continuously innovating, and where individual and team contributions aligned to winning with integrity are RECOGNIZED. When you work at AboitizPower, you become part of an organization that is passionate and committed to advancing business and communities by providing reliable, reasonable, and responsible power to all. AboitizPower is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is crucial to our purpose of driving change for a better world. We consider and encourage all applicants without discriminating against age, sexual orientation and/or gender identity, disability, political opinion, religion, nationality, marital or parental status (including pregnancy), ethnicity or other status protected by law. Our equal opportunity and non-discrimination policy applies in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, regularization, promotions, transfers, discipline, termination, benefits and training. We urge everyone to be vigilant against scams that involve fraudulent offers of employment with Aboitiz Power Corporation. Scammers are falsely claiming to be representatives of Aboitiz, offering jobs in exchange for recruitment fees. Aboitiz does not ask for money from our applicants at any point of the job application process. #POWERyourFuture