This position is responsible for providing assistance to the Safety Supervisor in the implementation of health and safety programs, processes and procedures in accordance with the Company standards and government-mandated health and safety regulations and standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in the conduct of safety trainings and orientations to employees and visitors.
- Assists in the implementation of safety activities in the plant, such as safety competitions, safety awareness thru advertisement and safety themes.
- As a member of the Safety Committee, presents Safety Performance of the plant during Safety Committee Meetings, notes comments of members for tracking and prepares minutes of meetings.
- Assists in the conduct of emergency drills in the plant.
- Enrols safety items to Maximo system and prepares purchase requisitions for the required safety materials or items.
- Assists Supervisor in the formulation of safety policies, procedures and programs for the plant.
- Monitors training and assists Supervisor in creating training plan for Safety Technicians.
- Conducts regular site inspection of the whole facility with Safety Technicians and consolidates results of inspections on safety equipment such as fire extinguishers, emergency lights, fire hydrant system, fire hydrant system and smoke detectors. Prepares Hazard Report and Work Request to address findings, when needed.
- Conducts incident investigations based on incident notifications received from other departments and prepares Incident Report for submission to Manager.
- Assists in the conduct of hazard identification and risk assessment. Ensures approved checklist is provided to the team, completed checklists are collected, consolidated and submitted to the team.
- Issues safety alerts to plant personnel where there are imminent threat.
- Conducts audits on existing safety programs being implemented and prepares report on compliance and recommendations for improvement (e.g. PTW program, quarterly health and safety internal audits).
- Assists Operations in the inspection of PPEs and safety devices.
- Monitors and reviews Safety Technicians’ daily reports and notifies concerned departments on findings. Recommends corrective actions to address findings.
- Escorts representatives of government regulatory agencies around the facility during site inspection.
- Assists in coordinating with DOLE Safety Standards Bureaus, Bureau of Fire Protection, PNP and other government agencies in compliance to safety legal requirements.
- Issues Work Permits approved by Safety Supervisor to Contractors prior to start of any project works.
- Assists in the implementation of approved safety programs to plant’s contractors.
- Assists in the monitoring of the validity of licenses and permits to operate equipment and notifies superior of expiry dates for proper renewal.
- Prepares monthly report on Operations and Maintenance safety performance.
- Prepares regular mandated safety reports for DOLE and to Philippine Ports Authority.
- Consolidates audit findings as submitted by Audit team and inspection checklists and submits to Safety Supervisor.
- Updates safety statistics and safety records of the plant.
- Maintains the Health and Safety Training Records of personnel. Monitors due dates of compliance with re-training requirements.
- Coordinates with the facility’s clinic in determining health statistics of employees.
- Complies with occupational safety and health as well as environmental rules and regulations to prevent accidents, illness, and adverse effects on the environment.
- Complies with housekeeping policies within his/her area of responsibility during assigned shift to maintain standards of cleanliness and orderliness of plant equipment and premises.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, or any related courses
- At least 2 years of experience in a power plant or heavy industry
- Formal Training on Safety from DOLE-Accredited Training Organization
- Knowledge of safety, health, fire and environment codes
- Knowledge of procedures and application of safety and health standards
- Understanding of power generation industry
- Monitoring and Reporting skills
- Oral and Written Communication skills
- Safety Orientation and Hazard Recognition
- Critical Thinking skills
- Problem Solving skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Job Level
- Associate / Supervisor
- Job Category
- Safety and Security
- Educational Requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- Toril, Davao City, Davao Region, Philippines
- Oil / Energy / Solar / Greentech
- 1 opening